Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 yr old german wirehaired pointer-needs new home

2 yr old german wirehaired pointer-needs new home

I have a male wirehair in need of a new home. When we got him we had a house with a very large yard, now we dont. His name is scout and he is a great natured male who I'm sure will make someone a great bird dog. I have shot over him a few times and he is not gunshy. He is also most certainly birdy. Killing me to part with him but in our current situation, its jut not fair to him. We would love to find him a new home where he will get the space he needs and be hunted with more than I can currently provide. Pm with email address if you would like to see pics.
    http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/P1011838.jpg
    Last edited by martyonthewater; 10-14-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: photo added
    april fool in waiting

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2 yr old german wirehaired pointer-needs new home

Do you have any pictures? where did you get him from? has he had any training? are you looking for financial compensation?

I have gotten quite a bit of interest in him since I posted this up last night. I got him from a friend in chilliwack, he's not registered. He has not recieved any bird training beyond what I have done with him in the field etc... so far he is much better at retrieving than holding on point. I would like to regain some of the money I have put into him thus far but it is certainly not my primary concern. Finding a home with lots of yard and someone who will take him afield far more than I have been able is really all I'm concerned with. He is fantastic with our kids and sleeps with one of our cats regularly. He also plays well with other dogs. As for pictures, If you would like to see some shoot me a pm with your email address and i will gladly send some- regards-Marty
    Last edited by martyonthewater; 10-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    april fool in waiting

april fool in waiting

Marty. Find a good home for that boy.

I intend to Ruger. Narrowed it down to 3 potential suitors and am just trying to decide now
    april fool in waiting

When I bought Addie, The lady wanted to see her every month. I agreed, and After the third month she seen that Addie was in good shape and happy with her new owners she never came back. Try that. It will make you feel a lot better.

Do your home work please Marty ... precious cargo .... he needs not a good home, but a GREAT home!
    Gotta be tough placing him with another ... can't even imagine what you must be feeling.
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Hate to see you having to do this son. I know it's hard, so listen to the good advice about being choosy and as part of the deal, having the right to visit him once a month to make sure he's got the good home you want him to be in.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who put there hat in for scout or made recomendations of fellow members. Scout left with his new owner today and they promptly went hunting. The fellow sent me pics a few hours later of scout with his first snowgoose. I feel I've made a great selection and have done the best by scout that I could under the circumstances. Thanks again to all for there support.
    april fool in waiting