Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sheep hunting

Re: sheep hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve
    I just requested more details from my taxidermist about the sheep(he couldn't rmember offhand) but he doesn't get to his computer very often. I'll post the info when I know more.
    The source email was from C.O. Bob Butcher if my memory serves me correct. If anyone knows him it may be faster to get the info that way.

SSS

Hmmm, A CO that is called Bob "the" Butcher?

I think it was Mr. Butcher that wrote a great article in the last WSSBC mag about the illegal rams shot in Reg 3. "Lack of Dilligence" I believe it was called . I'll try to get the article and permission to reprint it here. Good read for anyone wanting to chase sheep in Reg 3.

SSS

I seen a huge ram in a farmers field just past the loon lake turn off on the highway! He was a guarnteed full curl. That beast has got me thinking about tryin next season too.

Quote Originally Posted by tomigunz
    I seen a huge ram in a farmers field just past the loon lake turn off on the highway! He was a guarnteed full curl. That beast has got me thinking about tryin next season too.
    YA i seen a big ram up that way to back in aug and my buddie seen him again second week sept

diddo here. saw a nice full curl ram in a field of cattle just off the highway south of clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Orangethunder
    And one other thing, hunt with a guy that has already killed lots of BIG sheep so the first legal ram (if you find one) isn't big enough for him.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy
    He's laughing because that is exactly what he did for himself and is virtually 'guided'.

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    He's laughing because that is exactly what he did for himself and is virtually 'guided'.
    What do you mean virtually guided? I have no idea what you're talking about. I only thought it's a good idea - not necessarilly so you can shoot the first legal ram BUT the fact that you're probably good see some dandy rams that you're buddy will pass up. From there it's a matter of finding what you like!

Going with someone experienced certainly puts you years ahead of any newbie.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy
    Going with someone experienced certainly puts you years ahead of any newbie.
    No argument there as I am sure some hunters can relate to that!! I guess some sheep hunters really wished they could have the benefit of learning sometimes from someone who is experienced. Particularly when it comes to bighorns in the Kootenays! They're tough critters to hunt without invested time........So in theory - if a bighorn hunter who knows his stuff takes a guy or two under his wing ...... that would be quite advantageous wouldn't you agree ???

Some of us learn the hard / long way by trial and error !!
    Last edited by BCrams; 11-29-2006 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams
    No argument there as I am sure some hunters can relate to that!! I guess some sheep hunters really wished they could have the benefit of learning sometimes from someone who is experienced. Particularly when it comes to bighorns in the Kootenays! They're tough critters to hunt without invested time........So in theory - if a bighorn hunter who knows his stuff takes a guy or two under his wing ...... that would be quite advantageous wouldn't you agree ???

Some of us learn the hard / long way by trial and error !!
    I agree 100%!!!!!

No doubt makes it easier, and you also get to learn A LOT!

It'd also be quite advantageous if that bighorn hunter was also a pretty decent cali/stone hunter.

Mandela