Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Truck Tires Needed

Re: New Truck Tires Needed

Any suggestions for just straigth winter snow tires? To be swapped in te spring?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

For straight winter snow tires the cooper discoverer M+S are the best I have seen. They are an ice radial with all the siping. I used them in alberta and when we were living in NL for 2 years. They are the only true "snow" tires I have seen for a full size truck.

In regular tires my favorite are the toyo M-55. Nothing too fancy but real tough, and come in good sizes.

Rob
    Last edited by dirtyharry; 11-26-2006 at 11:26 PM.

My dad runs the Cooper Discoverer too on his Chevy Silverado 4x4. He loves them, and brags on how little they cost. They are wearing o.k. too. They do pick up a lot of rocks though.

i have a super tough lug style tire on for $169. per tire in your size.
    i could ship them to you for $8. per tire.

Well I have over a foot of snow at my place now so I got to play with the truck and new tires I put on in Sept.

All I can say is these are the best tires I have used to date. But they are EXPENSIVE

Bridgestone Dueller Revos Not to be confused with the other 2 dueller tires which suck. I now have used these things in shale, mud, dirt, gravel, snow, ice and pavement. They Rock.
    Was waiting for snow and ice before I gave my "Special Seal Of Approval"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ler+A%2FT+Revo

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

#4 on the list. But the other tires have no where near alot of miles on them.

Dave.........what kind of dollars were they per tire? My Yoko's are coming to the end of their days and I may need to replace them somewhat soon.

PM sent Scott

youngfellla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mckinney Creek Adventures
    Traction King Plus.... A side line tire of BF Goodrich. Once you have tried these tires, you wont look at anything else.
    Another vote for Traction Kings. I run studded 235/85 R16 Traction Kings on both my trucks. Super traction on icy roads, and they wear very well.

nokian hakkapelitta light truk tires. nokian make the best winter tires around........they are both studdable and directional.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

I've avoided studs on tires in recent years, since I tended to just run the Toyos year round, but I am thinking about buying some brand new snowies and studding them...
    When I used to use them, they sure did grip nicely on icy roads!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!