Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Truck Tires Needed

Re: New Truck Tires Needed

Yeah BFG's are notorious fer wearing.......had a coupl sets in my time. I put Yokahama Geolanders on mine now...they wear real nice, no road noise, and are agressive and clean out real well in the snow and mud. Also real impressed on how they handle in the rain.

Any luck out there with those nokiia vativas (sp) from Kaltire? Suppopsidly they are supposed to have a guarantee of 70,000km's!! Pretty reasonable in price aswell..

Traction King Plus.... A side line tire of BF Goodrich. Once you have tried these tires, you wont look at anything else. I live and work in the bush of the interior. If you are looking for a snow tire, these are a great tire. And are a good alround as well. You should be able to get these for around $150-160 per tire. They wear really well as well.

Listen to all the recommendations etc. All seasons are all seasons, they do not shine in any specific condition. All terrains are a balance for all conditions, but I would never run them in the winter, and they wear poorly also.

If you want the truth, talk to a logger or someone who spend the time in there trucks, and dont have the option of staying home when the snow is flying or the roads arent in good condition.

I wish the province would make it law to run snow tires during the winter months. It would save lots of lives and save us all money when it comes to insurance.

My $.02

nokian vativas are one hell of a tire. they have a great warranty lifetime free flat repairs, free rotations, brakes and front ends are cheked for free each time you come in. kal will always take care of ya.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

I put a set of BFG's(235/85-16R) on my 4X4 in the summer of 2004. They lasted for 27000 km. They didn't just wear out. They came apart. Chunks of tread were coming off two of them. There were rotated every 7-8000 km and I watched the pressure like a hawk.

Never again
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

Well I got a set of Yakohama on my on F-150 and love them, this is my second set on my truck.

I am a Yakahoma lover, I will not change. The size I got on my Truck is 245/75/16......

Most of the tires out there all your doin is paying for the name.

ElKhound, I will let you know about your request as soon as I find out.

I'm super happy with the Yokohama Geolander A/T's. No flats, and no getting stuck... Yet. Got them from Kal-Tire with a killer warranty.

You can't lose with a good set of Toyo's from OK tire as well.

8 or 10 ply, equals no flat tires.

i have bfg a/t tires and love em. they are great in the mud and the snow. if you rotate them at proper intervals they wear okay.

i have also used the geolanders and liked them as well.

I have had three sets of BFG AT's and one set of BFG muds. I drive ton's. Those who know me will say I am more than hard on my truck and tires. I have yet to have a flat with the BFG. They do wear faster than others, but they are better than the competiton in the winter and they are a little less expensive. Costco seems the cheapest I have found.
    Also BFG is one of the only tires to have 3 ply sidewalls, which seems to have proven itself tough for me.

If you do have a heavy truck, spend the extra few bucks and buy the 10 ply tires though. PS, mud's are terrible in the ice and wet.

Scotty
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of showin up safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, hunting rifle in one hand and shifter knob in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoot
    If you do have a heavy truck, spend the extra few bucks and buy the 10 ply tires though. PS, mud's are terrible in the ice and wet.

Scotty
    That's why I run 35" muds in the summer and 235/85/16 10 ply all-terrains in the winter. The muds are awesome in late winter corn snow, but suck on icy roads. The a/ts are excellent on ice and snow. The only good "all-around" tire is two sets of tires!