Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Truck Tires Needed

New Truck Tires Needed

I'm looking for new tires 285/ 75 /16 for my truck.I just need all season or AT tires .Tires I looked at were Kumho road venture AT 825,Dayton timber line AT,Toyo open country AT,Wild Country xtx AT.Any comments on those tires.I know there are better tires ,but I don't want to spend $ 300.per tire.
    Big bullets ,Big holes ,Big meals...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Truck Tires Needed

My BFG all-terrains have treated fairly good.....I think I paid about $800 at costco for the set. I would definitely consider buying them again.

I just put a set of the "New" style BIG O BigFoot XT's on the Blazer this spring (285/85 R16's)
    They are Awesome.......Great in the Mud, dirt sand etc. and are Proving excellent in the deep Snow as well. Abit Howley on the Highway but nothing like a set of MT's.
    Overall I'm very Impressed with them

I've got BFGoodrich AT's on my new truck now, bought in July, I am thinking about puting some dedicated snowies on the truck, because I'm retty sure we are going ot have a big snow season this year, and I've already wrecked one truck!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I run recaps in the winter. They are called Gripper Deep and are available at Kal Tire. A little noisy on the highway but at 125 per tire they are affordable and wear better than any tire I have ever owned including the famous BF Goodrich A/T (owned one set and will never buy them again!) I tried the Kumho Ventures on my smaller truck and thought they were great.

I run BFGs...mudders in the summer and all-terrains in the winter. They are great tires.

Don't buy the Toyos...my huntin buddy put a set on his F350, they only lasted 35K and howled so loud ya couldn't hear yourself think. He's running BFGs now and is very happy with the ride and traction.

Actuallly, now that i think of it, i had oe set ot BF Goodrich tires on my Ford, circa 1997. They wore out relaly fast, i switched to Toyos and didn't switch. Never had a flat with a Toyo, either.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    Actuallly, now that i think of it, i had oe set ot BF Goodrich tires on my Ford, circa 1997. They wore out relaly fast, i switched to Toyos and didn't switch. Never had a flat with a Toyo, either.
    The new design BFGs wear way better than the older ones Gate. I've had one flat with my mudders in 23 years of running them on my bush truck.

Motomaster Roughrider tires from Canadian tire are made by BF Goodrich and have a lifetime warranty ( 3/32 rule). A set of four runs you about 600 after taxes and all that other jazz. I ussually frown upon lesser brands but they've served me well on many a long distance trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude
    The new design BFGs wear way better than the older ones Gate. I've had one flat with my mudders in 23 years of running them on my bush truck.
    Mine only lasted 3 yrs and I had 2 flats in 3 days camping this summer. Just bad luck