Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting with a camera.

Re: Hunting with a camera.

Also, your mule buck picture is great, love the puppy dog eyes. But one thing to be conscious of when focusing on an animal OR a person is to make sure the eyes are focussed. If you look closely you see that you've actually focussed on his right antler, the eyes are a little soft. Love the soft lighting though. Overcast is always better as the clouds diffuse the light, softening the shadows.

I love camera hunting,my wife is always giving me shit cause all my pics are of game or scenery,if some one knows how I can post some shots here I`ll show you a couple of my better ones.I`ve got a few pics of 14 legal mulie bucks hanging out together.I`ve even got one of a 180+buck with 20 feet of dog chain wrapped up in his rack!
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Nice pictures Brotherjack.

I find I'm really starting to enjoy taking pictures of general scenery and animals and such more and more in the last few years.

I was inspired to buy a new Panasonic digital camera with 12x zoom and 8 megapixels after seeing all the nice pictures that Darren and others were posting. It takes nice pictures, but it's bigger then my old camera and is almost the size of a SLR film camera so I take it when I'm planning to take pictures specifically.

I had a little Canon SD pocket camera that I would carry if I was hunting or hiking and saw something interesting. I'm planning on getting another small digital camera, probably another Canon with 4x zoom, just to throw in my pocket while hunting. John
    Last edited by johnes50; 11-26-2006 at 10:54 AM.
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

I bring mine along with me when I go fishing in the summer. But some times I "forget" it(laziness ), and those are always the times the two twin five-points go bounding across the road and stop on the hill to strike a pose .

NightOwl - great advice, but my Camera won't let me do half the things you're suggesting. It's a consumer grade thing that you're supposed to put on 'auto' and point and shoot. The auto-focus on it has also got on my nerves a few times (as it focused on a blade of grass about 10 feet away instead of the nice 3 point mulie 30 yards away, and similar kind of stuff). Though, as I look at it, it does have a bunch of manual settings I can tweak, but it's all menu based stuff, and I don't often get a chance to be navigating through menu's to change the settings when I'm trying to get pic's of moving wildlife.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up Re: Hunting with a camera.

Nice shots Adam, lets see some more.

Right now I'm using a small Canon A75 Power Shot that has 3.2 mega pixels. It's got a small 3X zoom on it, and is auto focus.....so, pretty basic.

I have a, not so old, Nikon 601 35mm slr that has a broken back door latch. When I went to see about getting it repaired/replaced the guy told me that it was not worth fixing. I paid well over $1200.00 for the darned thing just a few years ago! Now it's not worth fixing!?!

Long story short, I'm saving for a Nikon D50 digital slr - body only, as the lenses that are with my "junker" 35mm will fit on the D50 just fine. The D50 is small enough to carry on hunting trips or day outings or what-have-you but it gives me the versatility of my older 35mm. Can't wait.

Ive been catching some close range video of huge bucks around kelowna since they closed. cant figure out how to post it though!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    lets see some more.
    A few more...

"...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Bow Walker Guest

Beautiful.........

Is your gallery full? Focusing on antlers instead of eyes or not these photos are very good. Secondary career perhaps?

brotherjack, thanxs for sharing , excellent photo's.