Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bow strings

Re: bow strings

I had a buddy put some worlds best 8190 strings on his invasion. Says it got louder

A few years ago about five of my friends and I all bought worlds best string. They are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There the worste string on the market!!!! They continually twist and stretch. All of us hated them. Spend the money and save the head aches.

I ordered a set from donnie.brook here on hbc. Supposed to be very good with a 24 month gaurentee and warranty

You will like your new threads Mike. The warranty is 24 months on servings and peep rotation, the best string warranty out there.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 01-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.

A quick update from previous posting, yesterday I took the time to put my handmade 8190 strings onto my Alphaburner, ( aggro cams and a bit sensitive to proper tune IMHO). 26 strands with 18 thou serving on the cams. Color was fluro yellow, single color, it "pops"on the jig, that color literally jumps off an all black bow ( even in the fog, not exactly stealth but will have some muted color for the fall)

Took about 10 shots into the foam with no peep, no apparent rotation based on my shooting string separator strand, so in goes the peep, and off to the range for some retuning.

100 plus shots with literally zero rotation on the peep ( and this is me still learning the string building biz). A bit of extra buzz in the riser and sound on the shot, that got me looking at the cam synch and timing a bit closer, threw a few twists into the control cable and boom back to nice and quiet with no buzz. Note to self build draw board.

This 8190 material seems to be the stuff, will be curious to see how it goes with the "fuzz" factor and longevity compared to the 452x I was playing with before.

Early impression on the 8190 material = thumbs up

D*

dave*
    After just under 6 months of heavy shooting with the 8190 strings on my King CObra I have had ZERO fuzzing. Also there has been no stretch or peep rotation. Definitely sticking with the 8190 material.
    Cheers
    All the good lines are already taken