14 9.86%
  • Cougar

2 1.41%
  • Coyotes

1 0.70%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which do you enjoy hunting the most

Re: Which do you enjoy hunting the most

Rightnow, it's sheep...Mostly because I have never had to do any clenaing/caping/deboning work yet.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Blacktail. I don't go off the Island often, and the only other stuff worth shootin is elk and bear. I haven't been able to pull an elk draw out of my ass yet, and I am not a huge fan of bear meat. I know it's not asked, but I will add that for birds I only shoot mallards, Canada geese, grouse and pheasant.
    Blacktail Nut

Tough to choose just 1, as I enjoy hunting many species. I voted for Elk based on the amount of time I have spent hunting them over the years compared with other species. Tough to beat the thrill of bugling back and forth with a big ol' herd bull in a remote valley. Bears would probably be a close second, as they take up most of my time from late April to early June.

RO

For me, Elk, hands down.It's hard to beat calling or mewing a 6 pointer in.Just to hear them bugle or bark gets the hair on you neck up.I do enjoy a nice moose on the BBQ though.This year I have both so hunting was good.I live on the island and have been trying for 25 years for an elk draw.One day Maybe???? A big rosie well walk up to me and introduce himself.

With a bow the thrill of trying a stalk on a spring bear... awesome !!!! Haven't got one yet but lots of stalks. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Mule deer and Whitetail
    Deer Hunting, it can be a real drag!

I voted whitetail deer.
    I like it because the whitetail deer is the widest spread animal in North America. In some places you can hunt them without having to drive for hours. Most everywhere the bag limits are very generous for deer. But more than that I have a secret passion for whitetail deer.

Next in line would be the wild turkey that I like for the same reasons I like whitetail deer hunting.

Call me lazy but I do like it simple and easy.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

A toss up between elk and muleys for me! if you made me choose id go crazy!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Moose and elk are where its at, the meat is hands down the best, nothing like calling for moose or bugling for elk, and just the size of them are what keeps you coming back, use to hunt deer, don't anymore had too many "gamey" experiences, so it just turns the stomach
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Wink Re: Which do you enjoy hunting the most

Tie between sheep and elk, sheep because of where they live , so remote, rough, you know you have been on a hunt when you come home so sore, underweight and beat up you can barely move ( sounds like fun eh ) elk, not much comes close the the screaming bugle of a bull elk early in the am to get the blood going