• Cougar

2 1.41%
  • Coyotes

1 0.70%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which do you enjoy hunting the most

The 'Hummer' Guest

Re: Which do you enjoy hunting the most

Just posted a similar response on Canadian Gunnutz.
    If I was only allowed to hunt one big game animal, Moose, hands down. Why? A great animal to hunt, partially because of the power and size. And, because sirloin tip Moose roast goes well with yorkshire pudding, garlic mashed potatoes and lots of Moose gravy. The ez-brother in law told me sheep is the best but I've never tried it as the 'promised' sheep roast has never materialized.
    Favorite game bird, Ruff Grouse, especially with my dog. Why, because it is usually fast, and a lot of the time, unexpected shooting sessions. As important, taste. White meat, bone the breast, split each half in half again, roll in a beer batter and deep fry. Tastes like lean chicken. After Ruffs, pheasant.
    willyqbc, I hunt Moose in your neck of the woods. I used to live in Wells and my sister & I still have a cabin at Bowron. Great country for both Moose & Ruffs.

Sheep hands down. It's the only real hunt that I can sink my teeth into. Two weeks straight backpacking. You can't beat that ! Success or no success the country alone makes the trip.

I enjoy chasing mulies and whities but it's always a day hunt at best for me.
    Crap! I enjoy chasing anything given the time!

SSS

Coyotes, lots of fun, low pressure, calling, small target, smart as hell
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Even though hunting deer is very challenging and lots of fun, I think bear hunting is the most enjoyable. There're so many uncertainties, and bears could show up anywhere any time. And you don't know what's gonna happen until the big guy goes down.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

id say sheep, only done it once but the effort required and the country youre in is spectacular. ive heard the meat is great and i want to do up a nice lifesize ram for the shop. after that elk moose and muley are very close seconds. plus i gotta try cougar hunting before i can say. but after trying the meat last year its on my list. best game meat ive had.

Glassing for big muleys in the high alpine,nothing like spottin a big un a mile away then stalking in for the kill.
    Midnight toker

Moose all the way...why???...grew up eating and hunting moose...still remember the first deer I shot after years of moose hunting, couldn't get over the ground shrinkage

Mike

I think elk hunting takes the cake. Nothing compares to calling in a rut-crazed bull, especially when you're in the backcountry with no other hunters to worry about. There is something about the sound of that bugle that keeps me going back for more.

I enjoy hunting deer. Whether it's whitetail, mule, or blacktail, I like it all. If I had to choose one, it is blacktail. Blacktails were the first deer I hunted and so it will always be kind of 'special' to me.

I really only hunt mule deer and moose. I prefer moose for the calling and the meat. Would love to hunt Elk but haven't had the opportunity yet.