Thread: Squamish Hunting

Squamish Hunting

Does anyone have any knowledge or advice about hunting around Squamish?
    Can we eat it?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Squamish Hunting

Yeah look out for all the tree huggers. And a sh#t load of anti hunters. But there are a few good area there i've been told have hever found one yet.

With this weather front deer are going to do one of two things...move to south facing fir dominated slopes, somewhere near thicker bush for cover, but as soon as the sun peeks out they will take advantage of the slopes and big fir and lichen/fir litterfall...alternatively, bucks chasing does could be spending a lot of time on the river/floodplain in the Squamish....I'd choose the floodplain because those will be the bigger black-tails... look for 5 foot high understory (thimbleberry) with a mix of alder and somewhere next to a thicker conifer stand....I forget what kilometer it is but travel up the Squamish mainline and into the TFL (gravel road) to a bridge that crosses the Squamish....I think its the Ashlu Creek road...hunt the floodplain there...good luck

i shot a 4point and a 2point this year in squamish i don't like the tfl that much cause of to many people the Mamquam is good from 4k to 9k. rafuage creek should be hot right now. also ring creek is up the diamond head road
    GWH 1960 - 2000 Hunting has never Been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidehanger
    With this weather front deer are going to do one of two things...move to south facing fir dominated slopes, somewhere near thicker bush for cover, but as soon as the sun peeks out they will take advantage of the slopes and big fir and lichen/fir litterfall...alternatively, bucks chasing does could be spending a lot of time on the river/floodplain in the Squamish....I'd choose the floodplain because those will be the bigger black-tails... look for 5 foot high understory (thimbleberry) with a mix of alder and somewhere next to a thicker conifer stand....I forget what kilometer it is but travel up the Squamish mainline and into the TFL (gravel road) to a bridge that crosses the Squamish....I think its the Ashlu Creek road...hunt the floodplain there...good luck
    thr ashlu flats across the bridge to much work going on there right now the indian band is doing work for the ashlu power project

In my limited experience, although there are deer around squamish, they are downright difficult to hunt. Never seen a legal deer (all does or past legal light) up that way. In my opinion you're better off driving the other dirrection for an extra hour or two to get into some better mulie country.

there are lots of bucks in squamish, we operate a woodlot here in squamish and the deer have cost us huge dollars eating cedar trees we had to replant areas and put cones over the trees to stop the problem. you want deer check the mamquam, ring creek, and above cat lake i know there is plenty of deer here