Thread: Buying a barrel from USA

Buying a barrel from USA

I've found a barrel for my SKB auto. It's in the USA and I was wondering if any of you guys had imported parts from the U.S. and know what forms I would need. I plan to travel to Blaine and pick up the barrel and bring it back.
    I've already tried to call a few places but get answering machines or they were closed by the time I got home from work. The CFC said I could bring it back for sure but I may need to get an export permit from the USA.
    Any help with someone to call would be appreciated.
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Buying a barrel from USA

It would be much easier to let someone with a export permit just receive it for you like I did. Won't cost more than $50, maybe less. RPS International or Alberta Tactical offer this service. As easy as a transaction rather dealing with all the paperwork.

This barrel is from a private seller. I believe they would need to get an export permit.
    Can you give me a phone# to call so I can find out more?
    Thanks, Dano

A brief summery from our CFC:

U.S. Regulations For Non-Residents Purchasing And Importing Firearms And Ammunition

Importing into Canada is easy but exporting from the US isn't. If a non-resident (like you) gets caught with weapons or parts (like a scope or barrel) then off the jail you go. Send a thank you to the Department of Homeland Security.

Thanks for the responses. I sent an email off to the Alberta tactical supply. I'll see what they can tell me.
    Dano

I contacted Alberta Tactical and gopt a quick response. $50 from their USA exporter and $65cdn for them to pick up and broker the barrel. Then I have shipping to B.C.. Slightly more for a gun.
    I searched around and found an exporter in Montana that will take delivery of the barrel from my seller for me for $50 and ship to my house (said a barrel can be shipped to the door). I have to get a form from our goverment to import it though-form EXT 1020 -. I send the payment and form to them and then they ship. She said $75 for a shotgun to be exported but it takes some time and then it's shipped to Vancouver where they only give you a short time to pick up and then $60 a day storage!
    I'm going this route for the barrel and if any of you guys need the info I have, send a P.M..
    Dano