Thread: How much for basic bow accessories?

How much for basic bow accessories?

I was wonderin how much the basic accessories for a bow would cost.

Here is what I am thinking:
    -Arrow rest
    -Sights
    -Peep Sight
    -Button kisser (probably good for a begginer like me)
    -Trigger release
    -around 5 arrows
    -Stabilizer
    -Quiver
    -String Silencers

Obvioulsy you can't give an exact price quote on all that stuff, but around how much would I need to spend to make a BARE bow ready to hunt?

As most of you probably know, I am wanting to get a bow and I am trying to decide if I should buy a fully loaded bow or get a bare bow and then buy the accessories.

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: How much for basic bow accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_plus_o
    I was wonderin how much the basic accessories for a bow would cost.

Here is what I am thinking:
    -Arrow rest
    -Sights
    -Peep Sight
    -Button kisser (probably good for a begginer like me)
    -Trigger release
    -around 5 arrows
    -Stabilizer
    -Quiver
    -String Silencers

Obvioulsy you can't give an exact price quote on all that stuff, but around how much would I need to spend to make a BARE bow ready to hunt?

As most of you probably know, I am wanting to get a bow and I am trying to decide if I should buy a fully loaded bow or get a bare bow and then buy the accessories.
    Take a trip into Peter's Sports and see Rick Phipps. Ask him a few questions - take some notes. Be up front and tell him that you are gathering information right now. If I remember him right he will be very helpful to you.

Dan.

I agree with Bowwalker. Go see Rick and tell him Rob S. advised you go and see him. He'll know who I am. Rick or Kent(younger guy, dark hair) will be more than helpful. To add all your accessories to a bare bones bow....
    anywhere between $100.00 and $400.00 depending on what you decide to go with. If I was still living in Courtenay, I'd take you in myself, but I've moved th the Fraser Valley. Maybe give mikek blacktail a PM and he could possibly tag along. If you go with him, he'll know to treat you right, ( not that he wouldn't ) but mikek blacktail is my best friend and Rick knows us both very well, so that alone will give you a bit better service.
    It falls down & goes blah

For "basic" stuff that will serve your needs expect to pay

arrow rest - basic prong rest $30
    sight - Basic 3 or 5 pin sight $40
    peep sight - $10-$15
    kisser button - $5
    release - $75 (don't scrimp too much here)
    1/2 doz carbon arrows - $40-$50 or 1/2 dozen aluminum $30-$40
    Quiver - $40-$50
    Stabilizer - $30
    Wrist sling - $15
    string silencers - not really neccesary

So for new stuff look at spending over $250....personally I think there is great value for the money in finding a good used set-up that comes with the accessories. Just make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing check it out for you.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

One thing you could look at is a package price. I know Bowtech makes up a package that I believe goes for about$600. PSE also has accessory kits made up for there bows. My buddy bought a PSE Triton with the basic package for a good price. The acc. are decent with the exception of the rest which was a POS, but I had one here that worked much better.

Are the accessories that come with this bow
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN:IT&ih=012

good accessories? Will they be good enough?

2 piece quiver, 3 pin fiber optic sight, Peep Sight, Flipper Arrow Rest, Cat Whisker String Silencers. In addition I will throw in a Trigger Release, 4 New Carbon Express Arrows, with Expandable Broadheads

That is a ebay acution that I won. I didn't know it was a walmart bow and I was mixing up Fred Bear and Bear. So I was thinking I would get that bear buckmaster bow and then get something like this
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=011
    Then I can use the accessories from the buckhunter bow and then try and sell the crappy walmart bow.
    Last edited by dan_plus_o; 12-05-2006 at 08:55 PM.