Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moose rut around PG

Re: Moose rut around PG

I took 3 bulls 1 hour North of Prince George . 1 was slightly larger than an immature the other 2 were 46” and 47 “ across .
    All 3 came to cow calls using cupped hands a little before Thanksgiving . They came in 20 minutes after calling .
    They were all great eating IMO .
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 07-01-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

What M.U. are you hunting ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Moose don’t rut in PG, they just roll the first hunter that comes along, steal his cell phone then he dials a 1-900-HOT-COWS
    Last edited by MRP; 06-30-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    What M.U. are you hunting ?
    Arctic Lake
    I have the draw for MU 7–11.

Would you agree that the rut is the first two weeks of October or still the last week of September and first week of October?

hmm while from sept 26 on you CAN call in bulls mid sept-late sept bulls are still sorting out their competition not companions..
    IMO 100 mile north the best time is OCT 1-15..PRIME RUT hence the drop in authorizations..with same success as earlier timing with twice the number of authorizations in Sept
    oct is obviously the peak...from SWAN lk on Yukon..to Atlin to Dease etc oct 1-15
    over 35 yearsmost black bears shot after 3pm on mothers day..moose oct 7....last 6 moose i was present on harvest oct 1-6th..3 on oct 1..one on oct 10...cold year..
    yes you can call in a early adopter in sept..or exceptionally horny...
    the rut is triggered by amount of light entering their eyes..not temp..indicating timing
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    An experienced friend of mine told me that he thinks the rut is now the first two weeks of October because the season seems to have moved a bit later from what it used to be. Got a shared moose draw this year so doing all the research I can.
    It’s probably just as good a bit later in the season as well. Where I live it seems like everything stops by November first though.

I try and be out the last week of September into the first week of October depending on where my days off line up.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Moose don’t rut in PG, they just roll the first hunter that comes along, steal his cell phone then he dials a 1-900-???_????
    LOL

I believe the peak rut around PG is the first 2 weeks of October, and I've never lost a cell phone to one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    It’s probably just as good a bit later in the season as well. Where I live it seems like everything stops by November first though.

I try and be out the last week of September into the first week of October depending on where my days off line up.
    timing true that..
    srupp

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

PG moose rut is best the last week of September to the 3rd week of October. Cold high pressure systems seem to make the bulls pretty active, in my opinion! You should be able to call out a bull during this time! The moose numbers have gotten better since we stopped killing the babies and the mamas, and we started killing the predators!! But what do I know, I'm only moosinaround up here!! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"