Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Moose rut around PG

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Moose rut around PG

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I’ve done a quick search and can’t seem to find the Tatum rec site. Maybe it’s a different lake? I see some others
    http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure...nger-tatuk.htm
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    53-30-54.68n,124-07-56.62w
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

My dad just heard that they closed 7-12 due to wildfire. Can anybody confirm that? We were planning to access 7-11 from Vanderhoof through 7-12 this Saturday ……
    edit: My dad’s friend was just screwing with him……….he got us.
    Last edited by ekul246; 09-27-2022 at 09:51 AM.

[QUOTE=ekul246;2362295]My dad just heard that they closed 7-12 due to wildfire. Can anybody confirm that? We were planning to access 7-11 from Vanderhoof through 7-12 this Saturday ……
    edit: My dad’s friend was just screwing with him……….he got

Almost had me worried there. We're heading up Saturday as well staying at the adjacent Finger Lake for the week. First ever Moose hunt for our group. Really first ever trip to the area.

LOL Yes Cluskuss is open. I have a LEH bull draw for 7-12 Zone A so I have been scouting it for a while. Some big clearings where they have taken out all the burned trees makes for it to appear barren but have seen a few Cow moose passing through. I have no info on 7-11 but haven't seen much for wildlife on the boarder of the two during my travels. I like that boat idea and am bringing an inflatable. My father, wife and myself will be staying at finger lake resort oct 4th- 11th as it was the closest place to provide access to our Management Unit.
    Good luck out there everybody!

The near perfect call is a traffic cone about 16 inches long. They are hard to lose because of color.
    https://cdn-01.media-brady.com/store...2861_01-lg.jpg
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Oh ya cut the botton off.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I had some birch bark from a tree I cut down in the yard, made a moose call with some the other day. Heading out Monday for LEH south of Vanderhoof with some best buddies from the Island. We had success there in 2018 on an LEH, nice bull. Last year my buds went up for GOS & got skunked. I missed that one due to back issues. Fingers crossed haha. We were there a week or so earlier in 2018 vs this time around. It's been so warm & dry all over the province I wonder if that's affected the rut in any way....?

Hmmmm, I do know this Mr. Mike . It’s the daylight hours it is the constant since Moby Dick was a guppy . It triggers the rut . Lessing daylight triggers the rut ! The scientific name escapes me at the moment . I think the cold weather gets the animals moving but it is not the key . I stand to be corrected !Oh and good luck I would like to see a story and pictures after your success !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I had some birch bark from a tree I cut down in the yard, made a moose call with some the other day. Heading out Monday for LEH south of Vanderhoof with some best buddies from the Island. We had success there in 2018 on an LEH, nice bull. Last year my buds went up for GOS & got skunked. I missed that one due to back issues. Fingers crossed haha. We were there a week or so earlier in 2018 vs this time around. It's been so warm & dry all over the province I wonder if that's affected the rut in any way....?
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Arctic Lake
    Your right. It's called Photo period.