Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Moose rut around PG

Re: Moose rut around PG

Any chance someone would be able to point me to a good place to camp? Even PM a gps tag?

I wanted to get a scouting trip in but with the cost of fuel I don’t think that it will be possible

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm not so important to know where they were..thats what tracks do..the moose you shoot on wednesday could have been 20 kms away 3 days before..during the rut they travel long distances..
    yes every 15 minutes by the clock call LOUD impossible to call too loud however yes titrate it down as the moose moves in closer.
    i GUARANTEE bulls can hear loud calling at 5 kms...seen them respond at distance too many times ..
    I USE tampons as scent dispersal...cheap..come with a string to tie it up into a tree..soaks up lots of BUCK EXPERT SYNTHETIC MARES URINE..and are biodegradable..
    I dont think real moose pee is legal...didnt they change that years ago due to CWD..
    OPENINGS not seen from rds allow calling long distance and moose juice to move with both wind and thermals..
    i almost never grunt like a bull they are seeking mating opportunities not fights..fighting happens in sept dominence sorting time
    only times I have grunted is WHEN I see a bull with numerous cows THEN I use the bull grunt to say HEY BUDDY I am coming over to kick your ass and steal your cows it does work sometimes other times bull just leaves with his ladies.
    cheers
    Srupp
    Do you dip the tampons in the buck expert scent and then tie it to a branch or do you spray it like the instructions on the bottle say?
    When you leave the area if you’ve been there for us it do you leave it up while you’re gone in case you come back or do you take it down?

I use the fiberglass Moose Break call by Recall. Indestructible. I sat on too many birch bark cones.
    It also great for raking willows if you got an angry bull what wont pop out.
    Got it from Sail.ca

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Any chance someone would be able to point me to a good place to camp? Even PM a gps tag?
    East end of Tatuk Lake at the Rec site! Take a car topper, and float the lake calling for moose. Successful for the last 2 moose i've heard of taken in 7-11 (last 3 yrs). Good luck!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Do you dip the tampons in the buck expert scent and then tie it to a branch or do you spray it like the instructions on the bottle say?
    When you leave the area if you’ve been there for us it do you leave it up while you’re gone in case you come back or do you take it down?
    for containers that have spray nozzle..yes..if not I pour it over the tampon..im concerned if I dip it..it might swell up too tight and I might have to go down a size..lol
    once placed..DONT go back to the scent disposal unit..LIMIT your scent..when ready to end the hunt then you can cut them down for disposal..
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by rred View Post
    I use the fiberglass Moose Break call by Recall. Indestructible. I sat on too many birch bark cones.
    It also great for raking willows if you got an angry bull what wont pop out.
    Got it from Sail.ca
    I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    for containers that have spray nozzle..yes..if not I pour it over the tampon..im concerned if I dip it..it might swell up too tight and I might have to go down a size..lol
    once placed..DONT go back to the scent disposal unit..LIMIT your scent..when ready to end the hunt then you can cut them down for disposal..
    steven
    Got it. Mine came with the spray nozzle. Good thing it was put in a plastic bag and knotted. Some of it dribbled out while it was in shipping. Wow is that stuff rank lol
    Last edited by ekul246; 07-12-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    East end of Tatuk Lake at the Rec site! Take a car topper, and float the lake calling for moose. Successful for the last 2 moose i've heard of taken in 7-11 (last 3 yrs). Good luck!! Moosin
    I’ve done a quick search and can’t seem to find the Tatum rec site. Maybe it’s a different lake? I see some others

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I’ve done a quick search and can’t seem to find the Tatum rec site. Maybe it’s a different lake? I see some others
    TATUK Lake, Its the largest lake around in 7-11, just south of FINGER Lake, and south east of LAVOIE Lake, There is a BCFS Rec Site on the east end of it, been there since Christ was a teenager! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"