Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Contentious 5-13A Looking for info?

The Contentious 5-13A Looking for info?

I have a LEH Bull Moose Nov 1-15 for this area. It was literally a random pick I made and I know nothing of the area.
    After a quick search on here about the area I had to laugh! It seems I couldn't have picked a more contentious MU to hunt. Most info on here regarding the area is quite dated, does anyone have any recent info on the area with respect to both the Moose opportunities and the local Native Band who seems to want hunters to forfeit their LEH draws?

Any information is much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Contentious 5-13A Looking for info?

Don't leave your vehicle unattended. Have Grampa come along to stay at camp keeping the fires going.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Don't leave your vehicle unattended. Have Grampa come along to stay at camp keeping the fires going.
    Yes that seems to be a reoccurring theme I'm hearing.

I imagine S Rupp will post up on this .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by bajaboy View Post
    I have a LEH Bull Moose Nov 1-15 for this area. It was literally a random pick I made and I know nothing of the area.
    After a quick search on here about the area I had to laugh! It seems I couldn't have picked a more contentious MU to hunt. Most info on here regarding the area is quite dated, does anyone have any recent info on the area with respect to both the Moose opportunities and the local Native Band who seems to want hunters to forfeit their LEH draws?

Any information is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Hey is this the Alexis creek draw?

If so got it years back in 2016 or 2018 when I didn't do my research on LEH and didn't scout it and it was definitely a dissapointment, had a 20 yard encounter in the timber with a grizz too that I felt warranted to put a warning shot near it's feet

The local chief told us that the young guys go out on snowmobiles and shoot everything on wintering grounds, when you hear that from one of the older natives you know its bad

We didn't have any problems with indians, but I was ignorant to the situation there and one morning took my old mans truck and went for a hunt first light bumped into some of them on one of the roads and they all looked at me like wtf am I doing back here didn't say anything to me though, makes sense now

Haven't won any draws since lol, needless to say I research before I put them in now. Because it seems with me I won't win anything again for a long time after I do get one
    Last edited by TheObserver; 10-11-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Hey is this the Alexis creek draw?

If so got it years back in 2016 or 2018 when I didn't do my research on LEH and didn't scout it and it was definitely a dissapointment, had a 20 yard encounter in the timber with a grizz too that I felt warranted to put a warning shot near it's feet

The local chief told us that the young guys go out on snowmobiles and shoot everything on wintering grounds, when you hear that from one of the older natives you know its bad

We didn't have any problems with indians, but I was ignorant to the situation there and one morning took my old mans truck and went for a hunt first light bumped into some of them on one of the roads and they all looked at me like wtf am I doing back here didn't say anything to me though, makes sense now

Haven't won any draws since lol, needless to say I research before I put them in now. Because it seems with me I won't win anything again for a long time after I do get one

Thanks for the reply. Sounds quite promising! This was a 3rd choice random pick. "Looking for adventure, head out on the highway" type of scenario. Might be a little more adventure than I anticipated...lol
    I have to figure out if it's worth the expenses coming over from Northern Vancouver Island and if any sort of camp set up is safe while away hunting?

Hmmmm…. I would have thought S Rupp would have chimed in by now . He must be out hunting
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by bajaboy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds quite promising! This was a 3rd choice random pick. "Looking for adventure, head out on the highway" type of scenario. Might be a little more adventure than I anticipated...lol
    I have to figure out if it's worth the expenses coming over from Northern Vancouver Island and if any sort of camp set up is safe while away hunting?
    We went back in 2016 or 2018 so things have changed a bit probably, not sure for better or worse.

We camped by the lake pretty close to some cabins and our camp was fine. A local came fishing too a couple days here and there nice fella so that would have helped. Can't remember the name of the lake but can look it up when home.

We seen both Whitetail and Mule Deer, weren't after Deer or even looking for them and we saw a Mulie buck.

No Moose sighting or even sign though when we went.

Well the weather is starting to turn for the better. You should be in good standing if you are brave enough to get out there.

hide a trail camera over looking your truck or camp