Thread: Is Pink Mountain worth it

Is Pink Mountain worth it

I'm planning a 7 Days hunting trip with two of my friends up North from the 28 sept to the 6 of Oct.
    We still decide where to go. I'm more towards Pink Mountain and they will go more for Fort St John area.
    I read a lot of good and bad things about Pink Mountain. Some are saying that there is lots of Elk and Moose other said that is more hunters than animals on the woods.
    One thing for sure I don't want to end up on an area where are so many hunters that the animals are all gone.
    I know is to earlier now to get any feedback for this year but based on the past year season would you say that Pink Mountain still a good place to hunt.
    Any feedback will be appreciating it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is Pink Mountain worth it

A buddy of mine has hit Pink Mountain for moose 2 seasons in a row and came home skunked. Saw lots of moose, but said the antlers are hard to identify because of how far out they are. Lots of terrain to cover. Just telling you what I heard second hand, but our hunts have produced animals (granted smaller) much closer to home.

I hunted there once. hated paying the tresspass fee
    Like luckofthedraw said. There is better close to FSJ. As for moose. Good luck. Only saw a few and couldn't get to them as they were WAYY past the NO ATV area and I wasn't walking 10 miles for something that might be legal. Too many hunters for my liking too. Either way. Best of luck to you. What ever decision you make at least you will be hunting.

3 years ago we hunt Fort Nelson and FSJ. At Fort Nelson we called the Moose at night and after we left with the ATV's two other hunters saw one near our camp and shoot it.
    Then we moved near FSJ and we got two white tail. We did not saw any Moose there. This year all I want is eider Elk or Moose. Will maybe look somewhere between FSJ and FN.

Went last October, had better chances dumping Elk that Moose.