Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting boots

Hunting boots

What i am looking for is a set of water prof hunting boots ,were is the best place to buy these boots???? . I was looking at the cabelas hunting book and there are some in there that range from $119.00 to $159.00 .I am tired of getting wet feet everytime i get out in the hunting field . hunter 1947.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting boots

Hey Wayne check out the Rocky Mountain Elk outfitter series of boots from Cabelas, my buddy bought a pair and is quite happy with them.
    Quality boots is key in my mind, after all, everything you do is on your feet !

For hunting in wet conditions, I like Schnee's rubber-bottom pacboots best. Go to www.schnees.com and check them out, they are superb.

I second what Kutney said!!

I have DANNER boots and i love them (but they are not cheap,200-300$)

I bought a pair of Browning boots from cabellas a few weeks ago,so far they have been great.After exchange,duty and shipping they were $140.

I had browning boots (light,comfortable) but they didnt last very long,

Hi,
    I too have used Danner boots for about 6 years now and they are the best Gore tex boots I have worn. The only disappointing thing is that my latest pair were made in China but I still paid over US$200 for them.
    I would guess the best place to start would be a store that stocks a wide range and then pick the most comfortable. Stick with well known brands such as Danner, Rocky, Meindl, etc and haggle, you'd be surprised what deals you can do.
    Regards
    Tack

If I'm not mistaken the outdoor show at the Tradex here in Abbotsford is on coming up here in Jan. Thats a great place to get boots of any flavor, I bought boots there last year ( Irish Setter Deer Trackers) for $89.00. I tried on the same boots at Marks workwear 2 weeks before the show and if memory serves they were priced around the $200.00 mark at that time. If you happen to be on the mainland then it'd be worth a look I think. Good luck.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

I have put a lot of miles on a lot of different boots, and the only boot I will wear from now till the day I day is a Meindl boot. These are all leather with vibram soles and a Goretex liner. They will take you through hell and high water and back again, if you treat them right (kind of like a good woman). They are expensive, about 300-350$, but your feet will never be the same again. I am just resoling mine after 5 years of use and they will easily last me another 5 years. As for a vendor, I can highly recommend A.J Brooks on Broadway in Vancouver, the owner is extremely knowledgable and will spend as much time with you as you need to get the right product. PM me if you need directions or if you need further info. Just don't buy Merells!