Thread: Bear Archery Omni help needed

Bear Archery Omni help needed

A friend brought his 2005 Bear Archery Omni bow (not the Pro series bow) over for some help with tuning. I dropped it and it fell apart. I now cannot seem to put it back together. Can anyone please send me some photos of how the single cam and attached strings are supposed to look? I feel pretty stupid and would greatly appreciate some help.
    Thanks,
    Al

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Archery Omni help needed

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/s...und-manual.pdf
    Al
    Pg 35 deals with single cam bows (a few differant Cam designs)... there is no 2005 listed anywhere on the bear site ..... I am not convinced that Bear was producing original models that year ....
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Re: Bear Archery Omni help needed

Mike,
    Thanks for your reply. The 'techies' at Bear Archery were pretty well useless to me. The guy I talked to did not even know what tiller was!!!! The bow is back together looking very much like some old 2005 advertising photos (the photos were not perfectly clear though). They depict the outer part of the cam sitting even with the ends of the limbs or even slightly closer to the riser while the outer part of the idler wheel is about 3/4 inch extended past the limb tips. The tiller on the bottom is 7 3/4" while the top is 8 7/16" -the Bear techie guy could not tell me if the bow was designed that way or not!!!! The ATA was 33" as advertised and the string and buss cable were also the correct length. Brace height was as advertised at 7" (actually 6 15/16"). My friend has not been back to try it yet. I am hoping that it shoots okay otherwise, I will give him my Hoyt Ultra Elite (like parting with a good friend).
    Al