Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Gun Advice Please

Re: Duck Gun Advice Please

How about an original Browning A5 semi auto? Benelli/Beretta is probably the best, but
    I haven't heard anything bad about the Browning A5.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Nothing wrong with an old humpback.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

save up more money or stick with the pump. buy good equipment once. i'll throw my vote in for the xtrema 2
    "There's a thin line between a mallard hen's quack and a human's fart. The only difference is cadence and odour" - Jase Robertson

I've got a '68 A5 magnum I've used for the last 10 years I'll sell, best duck gun I've ever owned. Barrel was opened up for steel. I bought a new unfired '74 A5 last spring that has choke tubes so the '68 is available at a good price.
    Send a pm if interested.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Hey there,

I still shoot and 870 and have no real reason to upgrade at the moment. At some point I want to get a auto, but it will be a Benelli Super Black Eagle. The inertia drive is superior any gas drive system. My advice, use your gun and save for something like that. The browning Maxus, Remington 1100, Beretta Xtrema or the Benelli Super Black Eagle are all great guns. I would save up for one of these, you won't have any issues. I would also suggest going 3.5 inch if you havent already. It's all i shoot for ducks and geese (cheaper than 3 inch tungsten).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckster View Post
    Hey there,

I still shoot and 870 and have no real reason to upgrade at the moment. At some point I want to get a auto, but it will be a Benelli Super Black Eagle. The inertia drive is superior any gas drive system. My advice, use your gun and save for something like that. The browning Maxus, Remington 1100, Beretta Xtrema or the Benelli Super Black Eagle are all great guns. I would save up for one of these, you won't have any issues. I would also suggest going 3.5 inch if you havent already. It's all i shoot for ducks and geese (cheaper than 3 inch tungsten).
    The Stoeger 3500 is 3.5", and the same inertia system as the SBE great customer service from Benelli and less than 1/2 the cost of a SBE. Best bang for the buck out there IMO
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I shoot a sx3 and love it. it fits real well and is super smooth. so smooth I can shoot it with one hand and film with the other.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    The Stoeger 3500 is 3.5", and the same inertia system as the SBE great customer service from Benelli and less than 1/2 the cost of a SBE. Best bang for the buck out there IMO
    Hey Foxton do you own the m3500? if so how long have you had it? I am looking into one but people keep saying if its anything like the m2000 it has problems. I also wonder what parts need to be changed on the m3500 and are they reasonable and available? anyone else that has any info please let me know.

There were some issues with the 2000, I dont own a 3500 but have two very good friends in the US that do, both have had them since Stoegers first run of them, no problems what so ever they both swear by them. I shot a box thru one and really liked it.They use the SBE inirta system and cycle everything from what I have seen and been told. As for customer service I had an issue with my P350 and Stoeger/Benelli had me up and shooting in 2 weeks. Price on the 3500 was in the low 6es last I looked
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 10-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    If you think that you'll kill more birds with a semi yer misguided, what's wrong with yer 2 yr old 870? K
    I will outgun any pumpsters with my benelli....any bets?
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.