Thread: Finding the right bow

Finding the right bow

I am still interested in getting a compound bow but one problem i've found is my draw length. I was told my draw length is about 31.5" at 6'5" tall. I am having a hard time finding a good hunting bow in the $500 range? Could someone point me in the right direction? and maybe some places that sell used bows in the lower-mainland and 100mile house areas? Thanks alot.
    I'm a lead foot, whiskey drinkin' outlaw.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finding the right bow

In the same boat . .Been doing Research all day !. lol So many choices .. I figure its going to be a what feels good in my hand choice. the rest i can factor in after that ..
    " Never tell me the Odds "

theres a bow in the rifle shotgun & bow that is 30 to 31 in draw. Always remember most people start out with to long of a draw. I started with 30in draw and now shoot 28in.

in the LML ... Boormans has some bows on consignment .....last time I was there I seen either a Pro tec or an Ultra tec with 3000 limbs ....

you can go and into any shop and find a bow that fits nice .... you can find newer used bows online ....

I personally think the best bang for your buck would be an Elite GT-500 or Pure .... you should be able to find them for around $500 with a 31.5 draw
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask