Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Major malfunction right before opener

Re: Major malfunction right before opener

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    If I didn't have a 6X6 Whitey lined up for Saturday morning I might.
    Whoa whoa whoa.... The 6x6 with the brown face and white fur under the tail??? That's MY DEER... I've been watching him since April and I'd appreciate it if you'd leave him alone.

Seriously tho, Did you talk to the guys up at WSS? I know Trevor has a couple PSE strings kicking around in the back that might work for you... Worth a try I imagine.
    Doesn't matter how old or gangster you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Thanks for the offer, very much appreciated. Would love to try it. Im a little cautious about borrowing used gear because I seem to break everything I touch. I am starting to think my buds are setting me up with their crap so I get stuck paying for the repairs. Im already on the hook for a new string with my bud, lol.
    Are you my long lost brother??? Lets put it this way. If you were to accept the offer and we could get it to you, if it breaks because of age/use, I won't worry about it. If it breaks because you ran over it with your truck, it's $200, and you are the proud owner of a broken bow.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.... The 6x6 with the brown face and white fur under the tail??? That's MY DEER... I've been watching him since April and I'd appreciate it if you'd leave him alone.

Seriously tho, Did you talk to the guys up at WSS? I know Trevor has a couple PSE strings kicking around in the back that might work for you... Worth a try I imagine.
    Yea, sounds like the same buck, crazy! Small world. I`ll say hi for you as I put him to sleep this weekend. I was in WSS today and they gave me the contact info for the guy in Chase. Not sure if i talked to trevor or not. Ill PM you Whonnock Boy.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I went and measured my 2 strings and unfortunately they are both 28". As for "Whonnock Boy's" offer, if you take him up on his offer, I can go pick it up Thursday anytime.....I will be leaving early Friday morning from roughly the same area. (I also have a spare bow with arrows and hunting heads you can borrow, but it is 28" draw and for a left-handed shooter) Either one of the two of you can PM me to make arrangements.

10 days for a string ... seriously .... anyone with a jig can whip one out in 2 hours and get you going again .... I would build you one myself but there is no way to get it to you by tomarrow nite ....

I take it WSS doesnt have a jig or a tech? if you have wheels go to Kelowna today ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

He's in Kamloops. You can send it on the grey dog in a $17 COD docu-letter. Pretty nice offer on everyone's part. Nice to see everyone pull through for a fellow hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by popsy View Post
    Nice touch Big Lew, good on you
    My thoughts exactly, good on you Lou lets hope the Karma gods watch over you!!
    Courage is being scared to death
    But saddling up anyway.

Go into Wholesale Sports and talk to Crystal in the bow section. I'm sure she can help you out somehow.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

If you send me the length i will twist you up one. You would have to come to salmon arm to get it ...tommorow
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    If you send me the length i will twist you up one. You would have to come to salmon arm to get it ...tommorow
    Hardnocks just pulled me out of a similar but different bind this week. If he'll wind one up for you, you'll be very happy with it!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.