Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major malfunction right before opener

Major malfunction right before opener

Hey guys, hoping I can get some advice from you bow experts. I have been practising with my buddy's old bow for a while and getting ready for my first attempt with the archery gear. Today the string broke. Its an old PSE and the string broke at the bottom loop that connects to the bottom cable. I'm wondering if I can fix the loop with some dacron or fishing line. I talked to the archery guy in Chase and he said 10 days minimum to get a replacement so there goes opener. Any ideas on the best way to home repair this or even better does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement? Thanks,

This is like the bow I have.Same design.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Major malfunction right before opener

Great excuse to buy a new bow lol
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Measure the string accurately, I have a couple of older but in good shape pse strings. I will be coming through Kamloops Friday morning. If it is the same length as mine you can have one....let me know soon though as to how to drop one off.

I feel for you. I have an older PSE Thunderbolt that you are more than welcome to use/try. I am down on the mainland. If BL is willing to drop off a string, maybe he would be willing to drop off the whole kit and kaboodle. Only problem is draw length. He is 6 foot, and had it set at 70 pull. The in-laws live in Vernon. We travel there often, so retrieval should be fairly easy. If it does happen to sit at your place for a while, it is not a problem.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Nice touch Big Lew, good on you

Quote Originally Posted by keoke View Post
    Great excuse to buy a new bow lol
    I agree but not in the cards right now. The issue is the $800 for a new bow set up is coincidentally what my rent is! Its one or the other at the moment.
    Big Lew that would be awesome. The bow string is 34 1/2 ". Thats eyeballing where the end of the loop should be because it is shredded. If you have one let me know and we can meet up. I'm off all Friday getting ready so I can meet you anytime. Thanks! Maybe PM me.

I've got the solution for you... Just tell me where you're hunting and I'll come up with my bow
    Doesn't matter how old or gangster you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I feel for you. I have an older PSE Thunderbolt that you are more than welcome to use/try. I am down on the mainland. If BL is willing to drop off a string, maybe he would be willing to drop off the whole kit and kaboodle. Only problem is draw length. He is 6 foot, and had it set at 70 pull. The in-laws live in Vernon. We travel there often, so retrieval should be fairly easy. If it does happen to sit at your place for a while, it is not a problem.
    Thanks for the offer, very much appreciated. Would love to try it. Im a little cautious about borrowing used gear because I seem to break everything I touch. I am starting to think my buds are setting me up with their crap so I get stuck paying for the repairs. Im already on the hook for a new string with my bud, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    I've got the solution for you... Just tell me where you're hunting and I'll come up with my bow
    If I didn't have a 6X6 Whitey lined up for Saturday morning I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    Measure the string accurately, I have a couple of older but in good shape pse strings. I will be coming through Kamloops Friday morning. If it is the same length as mine you can have one....let me know soon though as to how to drop one off.
    This is why I enjoy this website, and the hunting community!!