Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hunting season is upon us

bone-collector Guest

hunting season is upon us

title says it all but a word for the would be traveler from down south to northern BC this year, we have had several road checks so far and many have police officers checking for firearm registration cards and being quite anal to a few folks already , figured it would be a good place to put out a reminder to have the registration cards or legible coppies of them with you while traveling this fall

a novel idea my son came up with was to photo copy them and then use a card collectors inder sheet, they have 9 pockets for hockey cards etc and the reg cards fit nice inside these and fit in the glovebox safe and sound

here is a link to a adobe pfd format firearm reg coppy program , you can edit it for your firearms and print your own coppies off , and yes copying the cards is legal

http://members.rogers.com/pollsale/cfcr.pdf

take care and have a good hunting season to all

Bonez

2. Site Sponsor

Where abouts up north were they checking for registrations. I have not seen any yet.

bone-collector Guest
    PG and up, vanderhoof was a hot spot the other day and a buddy said he had to go through a game check out by terrace BC and another up around Mcenzie , I am sure here will be hit soon to as october rolls around but our moose dosnt open for general hunting until oct 20th mine will be long dead by then

When the cards first came out I contacted the CFC and they said copies were legal. I then copied all of them many times. I have a set in my range bag, day pack, desk drawer, etc , you get the message. I'm never that far from the whole set, so I don't have to worry which stick I'm carrying that day.
    The originals are intact and are in the gun locker.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

bone-collector Guest
    you can get duplicates from the cfc free of charge , I lost my card for the 12 guage defender on a river trip this summer, no biggy now I just leave a set in the 4x4 for all our firearms rather than my wallet, I also used a digital label maker to put what guns they were on the back of each card ...they dont give any info on caliber and I have a few of the same brand rifles so gets confusing looking at serial numbers and trying to match them to a card in front of an officer

I usually hunt the lower part of 7-08 and very seldom see the cops or CO's out there. I have a draw starting Friday and will be leaving as soon as I can get off work. Saw some nice bulls out that way last week. No immatures though to take with the bow.

bone-collector Guest
    my draw starts friday as well but I am in no hurry the rutt here kicks into overdrive around the first 2 weeks of october , and I am taking anphibious with me ...e needs time to heal up after his cammel kicked his butt , and the area we are going into is a given moose so no worries there

Do you do any 3-D. If so we have probably met sometime in the last 2 or 3 years.
    Chris H.

bone-collector Guest
    if that was for me then no sorry I havent shot bow in a while , would like to get back into it one day but long range BR has become an adiction and my hunting has become worse than a coke habbit the wife says , now i have a planned hunt to Ontario for turkey and boar in the spring and maybe a little earth pig destruction while i am there for a week , dont usually leave region 6 very often but may have to take a trip east for elk someday ....right after I get my grizz draw and the bear I have been after for 4 years now

I am heading up to MacKenzie in mid October with Willyqbc to act as a backup on his griz hunt. Should be a good time. Was up scouting in May and saw a huge griz. Lots of moose up there too.