Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting trailer

Hunting trailer

So I'm looking for a hunting trailer, nothing fancy, just something that is easier than a wall tent, and that has a heater, stove, and space for my and my buddies' gear. I rounded up $2500 bucks to spend by working as much overtime as I could handle, which I figured would be enough to get me an older, well used but still functional trailer. Craigslist has shown me that there appear to be plenty of them available.

Now, my rant. Why the "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" can people not return an email or phone call?! I've sent out a good 10 emails now and actually looked at 1 trailer now. I got replies from 2 others, one that didn't include contact info and that didn't reply to my questions, and another that said he would be unavailable until early September! I guess I expect too much out of people?

Anyway... Anyone know someone who returns calls/emails selling a trailer in the 12'-19' range within my budget?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting trailer

dont waste ur money on old crap. save up one more year and buy brand new south of the border.

What about a cargo trailer with a wood stove? And get this for cooking http://www.basspro.com/Camp-Chef-Tah...t/104570/40295
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Old crap because I will beat the snot out of it, and doing that to a nice new trailer seems wrong. I definitely considered it, since there are some very reasonable deals out there.

I thought about doing the cargo trailer conversion, but cargo trailers weigh considerably more and would need some time put in outfitting it. My truck is just a 2009 Tacoma, so weight is a consideration. Also, great stove. My Dad bought me the 3 burner kit with cast iron pans a few years ago -frickin' fantastic stove!

my dad is selling aluminum utility trail if it hasn't already sold it,(i'll check with him) i dont know any detail on it except that it 8' long but i could be wrong on that i could be longer anyway he's in chilliwack if ur intersted pm me and i'll send u his #
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

The problem with Craiglist is that the last person that sends an email to them is read first. If you are first to email, you will be last in line.
    Craigslist is bad for that. So many times I get no answer, or they PM back "It was sold a week ago", but they're too lazy to pull the ad.

Just a note: You sure you don't wanna rent one? Trailers are a PITA to store all year. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by CKvan View Post
    I thought about doing the cargo trailer conversion, but cargo trailers weigh considerably more and would need some time put in outfitting it. My truck is just a 2009 Tacoma, so weight is a consideration. Also, great stove. My Dad bought me the 3 burner kit with cast iron pans a few years ago -frickin' fantastic stove!
    there's not much to outfit it. I used to use my 14' for camping. just through a mattress, foamy or cot in with the quad and all the gear and go. The advantage with it is you will have a lot more durable trailer for less money
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

We made a gear hauler/walk-in cooler out of our cargo trailer for Elk Camp....works great!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    The problem with Craiglist is that the last person that sends an email to them is read first. If you are first to email, you will be last in line.
    Craigslist is bad for that. So many times I get no answer, or they PM back "It was sold a week ago", but they're too lazy to pull the ad.

Just a note: You sure you don't wanna rent one? Trailers are a PITA to store all year. Trust me, I know.
    Good point. I guess I'm just the kind of person who makes sure to reply to all emails I get sent and assume others will do the same. I also remove my CL ads as soon as they're done...

Renting was a thought, and my buddy does business with a trailer rental guy so we can get a good rate. Storage is a consideration, but Mom says I can store it at her place, which conveniently already has a trailer/rv storage place built. Of course, that would involve bringing it to the island (and at 5.60 per foot on the ferry... Ouch!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    My email is listed in chronological order from oldest to newest. I have no idea how your email is set up.

I used a 16' Esden trailer (1978 ) which was great. Lots of ground clearance, old school heater and fridge (no power required) and a bathroom. The water froze when it was below -10C and I'd go through 3 20# tanks of propane so nothing's perfect. Sold it for $1,400.