Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chilliwack shooting area

Re: chilliwack shooting area

I wouldn't shoot there way to many people

There's a couple no shooting areas listed in the synopsis, but anything off the main road, and you should be good to go. I have a nice spot up near Mt Thurston that I go shooting all the time. It does get pretty busy up there, so make shure you have a nice private area.
    I was told by the RCMP last time I was up there that you have to stay 400m off any main FSR, which is a load of crap. I started arguing with him, then his partner came over and joined in the conversation. I didn't have the regs to show them as proof, so I just stopped arguing and went on my way.

BTW, the 400m restricted areas are on page 13 of the synopsis.

I don`t understand the reluctance to join the local Gun club and support your shooting activities . I guess complaining is a much easier thing to do . Heck you drive past the CHWK club to your shooting areas .LOL
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    I don`t understand the reluctance to join the local Gun club and support your shooting activities . I guess complaining is a much easier thing to do . Heck you drive past the CHWK club to your shooting areas .LOL
    Cheers
    lots of People want to shoot beyond 300yds, shoot at their own pace, change targets when they want to without waiting. Also some volunteer range officers power trip, and can be real dicks. Those are a couple reasons why someone wouldn't want to join a club. I like the range myself for load development, but I like the bush for practical practice.

I belong to and support my local range - but I prefer to take my son and plink at several of the gravel pits that are out there in the woods. It's a safe backdrop with one entry and it's usually just a small part of a longer day enjoying the woods.

Like everyone keeps stressing - respect other users and clean up after both yourself and the lazy a-holes that left their crap there before you. Even with the 22 I lay a tarp out to collect the little casings. It really helps because if you leave it clean theres a greater chance that the next guy will be more inclined to do so too. If there is ANY existing mess people psychologically justify that they aren't the source of the problem they are only following the herd...

I joined the chilliwack gun club for a year and found they were very unorganized

Very hard to contact the right person to join
    Constant events wich puts a stop to all shooting
    10 dollars to bring a guest and you can't bring the same guest twice
    Police officer types that can be very unfriendly as range marshal
    Constant problems with the fob

Now I shoot in the bush as a part of my scouting routine
    I do stick to weekdays though it is busy on weekends

I've been a member of our club for years, use the range regularly, but also shoot on Crown land frequently. As long as you are safe and clean up, I don't see the issue. Try to keep contact with the public positive, be a good ambassador.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

What abouit neskawatch river fsr is it legal to shoot around there? I wouldn't be going soley to shoot if like to explore a bit sawell and have heard its nice there. Wouldn't mind doing a little shooting while there is all

cant access mt thurston at all right now trees n major washout.goodluck
    majorguns

Hope you don't mind lots of garbage in your pics... I spent about half a day last year scouting and exploring around chilliwack and was disgusted with the amount of trash i came across in the bush. There wasn't a road or grade that was spared... I won't go back there. I suggest doing your shooting at the range unless you travel farther out of the valley.
    Kill Em And Grill Em