Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Bison Draw Zone A Oct. 1st - 15th

Re: Early Bison Draw Zone A Oct. 1st - 15th

Big Boar you sound like a bully with this response hell four or five years ago you started hunting and were did you get your info from. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    You didn't need a friend like us before. But, now you come to us, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me all of the answers for this LEH hunt, its my first post." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship, or contribute to posts before you needed our help. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into our website on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to help you murder this bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin375 View Post
    Per person?.....Per hunter?

Time to fix up that trail.
    He said per tag.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    That is great info. Seeing as it will be Oct I am not expecting enough snow for sleds and I am assuming this river is deep and impassable by quad. Guess there is pros and cons to both early and late draws.

Thankyou though! Sounds like it would have been a badass trip
    Yes, you can cross with a quad. It is shallow enough if you choose the right path. On our trip we had quads, trikes and snowmobiles.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Quote Originally Posted by fearnodeer View Post
    Big Boar you sound like a bully with this response hell four or five years ago you started hunting and were did you get your info from. LOL

He did come on here for info on bear hunting AND proposing to his fiancee (now wife) at the time.....on a trip to Ukie! All as a very new hunter albeit not his first post.

Just bustin' your balls Dave .......when I saw your first post in this thread it took me back to the "should I bear hunt in the morning and propose in the afternoon.....she doesn't like the idea of hunting....etc.etc". (just vaguley recalling the thread's content). "You've come a LONG way kid!"

I do get where you're coming from about the first post when needing help but the OP seemed to come across with a decent intro as opposed to many of the first posts just after LEH comes out with "Hi, where do I find a bull moose in 5-08". We've all seen many of these posts over the years and not everyone quite gets the "etiquette" (if that's even the right word to describe it) of this forum, I roll my eyes at the bulk of them but for some reason this one didn't seem to be quite as blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yes, you can cross with a quad. It is shallow enough if you choose the right path. On our trip we had quads, trikes and snowmobiles.
    Cool I guess I will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    He did come on here for info on bear hunting AND proposing to his fiancee (now wife) at the time.....on a trip to Ukie! All as a very new hunter albeit not his first post.

Just bustin' your balls Dave .......when I saw your first post in this thread it took me back to the "should I bear hunt in the morning and propose in the afternoon.....she doesn't like the idea of hunting....etc.etc". (just vaguley recalling the thread's content). "You've come a LONG way kid!"

I do get where you're coming from about the first post when needing help but the OP seemed to come across with a decent intro as opposed to many of the first posts just after LEH comes out with "Hi, where do I find a bull moose in 5-08". We've all seen many of these posts over the years and not everyone quite gets the "etiquette" (if that's even the right word to describe it) of this forum, I roll my eyes at the bulk of them but for some reason this one didn't seem to be quite as blunt.
    Hunting has been in my family like I'm sure most of this board for generations. I can totally understand where you guys are comming from. I'm not new to this game nor am I an expert by any means whatsoever. I just enjoy our good outdoors and believe in conservation like everyone else. I've done all the research I can on my own just needed some first hand experience to top it off. I'll be sure to share my trip with you all and more to come!

Thanks everyone for the info.

I'll be up there in December for bison as well for the first time and have just been reading old forums on here for info. I've done a bit of research, but mostly just going to wing it and see what happens. I've made my rsvp at the ranch already which is good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fearnodeer View Post
    The response was in jest and was a changed up quote from the movie the godfather. Here is the original quote:

Don Vito Corleone: I understand. You found paradise in America, you had a good trade, you made a good living. The police protected you and there were courts of law. You didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me, and you say: 'Don Corleone, give me justice.' But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money.

Fact of the matter is as soon as most of these first time posters get their LEH information, they're out of here, never to contribute again. Hopefully whittler is an exception and stays with us and contributes to the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

The trail around the north side of the ranch fence is the softest I've seen it this year. Some deep holes to sink quads in.
    The Cypress side is actually a pretty good alternative to paying to go through the ranch.
    The correct way to access it is left off the Alaska Highwy onto the Mile 143 road; proceed to approx km 29.5 turn right onto the Robertson Creek road; drive approx 11 km turn right onto the Genesis road( the Cypress designated trail is accessed through here as well); at approximately km 8.8 the road makes a "Y"; stay to the left and park trucks in the vicinty of a wellhead a few kms down the road.
    Walk slowly down the road trying to not slip in buffalo shit. Find a buffalo and shoot it.

While travelling down the Mile 143 and portions of the Robertson Creek roads keep in mind that with few exceptions it is private land on both sides of the road. The local ranchers do not take kindly to trespassing.

I think we are gonna go ahead and pay to pass through the ranch. Seems like the easiest approach. Everything is comming together now. Just have to be patient!