Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Bison Draw Zone A Oct. 1st - 15th

Early Bison Draw Zone A Oct. 1st - 15th

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum, but been following it for a while and there is tons of good info. Don't know why I didn't join years ago..

Anyway, I drew an early draw in zone A and I have a few questions. I have used the search function and read over numerous threads and got some good info. I would just like to clarify a few things and possibly have a couple people with first hand experience chime in.

Questions:

Did you pay the ranch fee (how much) or did you take the trail around?

What sort of weather should we expect the first week of October? As of now we have quads but no sleds.

Where is a good spot to set up a wall tent still in vehicle acess area?

Has anyone gone around via Cypress Creek?

How about problems leaving camp for the day while hunting? Anything stolen etc..

As of now our setup is four people, two trucks. One towing quad trailer and quads other towing an enclosed U haul for gear and meat. We have a wall tent to stay in and canopys on the trucks. Plenty of gear just need a place to set it all up.

Please feel free to chime in and let me know what I have missed. I need all the info I can get if im gonna take one of these beasts home!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Early Bison Draw Zone A Oct. 1st - 15th

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but been following it for a while and there is tons of good info. Don't know why I didn't join years ago..

You didn't need a friend like us before. But, now you come to us, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me all of the answers for this LEH hunt, its my first post." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship, or contribute to posts before you needed our help. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into our website on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to help you murder this bison.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I got the same draw! see you up there!

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    You didn't need a friend like us before. But, now you come to us, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me all of the answers for this LEH hunt, its my first post." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship, or contribute to posts before you needed our help. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into our website on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to help you murder this bison.
    ROTFLMAO Dave!!! That is one good impersonation.

Epic comment. lol

Sorry Whitler I dont have any advice for ya I've never been as lucky as you to get the draw.

I dont even know what to say to that.. yah got me?

I went in January so can't offer much help. We were planning to set a wall tent deep in the valley, but after doing the math on time needed to shuttle all the crap needed to put a wall tent camp together and get it back out, plus get an animal out, we decided to rent a cabin and spend our time hunting.

I know when Vern was running the cabin / trespass fee, he would have let us set a tent on the ranch no charge - I totally forget what the trespass fee was in 2011.
    Last edited by Iltasyuko; 08-21-2012 at 05:12 AM.

That is classic!

HA HA HA thats cool big boar !. my thoughts too.. althou i have no problem helping out a fellow hunter and new member to the site . .i love this site . and wish i would have found it sooner myself . .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Got it 3 years ago for oct 1-15, but it was bull only. My budy got it this year, so I'm going up again. I got it within 2 hours of are hunt. Saw lots too. We had the first snowfall of the year on oct 4 If I was you I would bring chains. Chainsaw with peanut oil works well too.