Thread: Help with ripcord rest

Help with ripcord rest

I have a ripcord code red rest i just mounted on my bow. I had a archery shop mount and tune it but when theyn were done it would contect the riser shelf. At this point the the arrow was in line with the mounting hole of the rest like the instructions said. I was at the ridgedale shoot on the weekend and a few people told me it shouldnt hit the riser at all. So i raised it up and did some walk back tuning untill the arrows were all in line. I then moved my sight until dead on. I went back to the archery shop and told them about this and they said witht the pse bows the arrow should be in line with trest mounting hole. Now i got home and looked at the arrow. Its about 1/8" higher than this. Could this through out the timing? Should it hit the riser to have it aligned?

It shoots better now than it did when it hit the riser. What are ur thoughts

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help with ripcord rest

If it shoots good, you're good to go. An 1/8" of an inch above the berger hole isn't going to cause any problems. The rest hitting the shelf may.

The Code Red is a great rest. Take the containment arm and throw it away.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

yep what he said
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Both of my bows have Code Reds ... Both sit higher than the Berger hole ....

PSE it self states that the bottom of the arrow should be in line with the top of berger hole ... as a starting point ...

You need a new shop or at least the shop needs a new Tech that actually knows PSE merchandise
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    If it shoots good, you're good to go. An 1/8" of an inch above the berger hole isn't going to cause any problems. The rest hitting the shelf may.

The Code Red is a great rest. Take the containment arm and throw it away.
    I have to ask, why toss the containment arm?
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by igojuone View Post
    I have to ask, why toss the containment arm?
    Because its a POS ... with the rest in the Cocked up position ... unless you are upside down ... you will never need it , the forks are long enough ...

It has a tendancy to work loose for whatever reason ... plus it gets in the way ...

that and throw out the "football" cable clamp... tie you rest into the down cable ... you wont less speed and throw the accuracy of yer bow out the window
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask