Thread: Hunting at Chiliwack Lake

Question Hunting at Chiliwack Lake

I plan to hunt at Chiliwack Lake this weekend. Due to the flood, I am wondering the condition of the forest road. If anyone has any info about this area, I really appreicate it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting at Chiliwack Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinhunter
    I plan to hunt at Chiliwack Lake this weekend. Due to the flood, I am wondering the condition of the forest road. If anyone has any info about this area, I really appreicate it.
    have you hunted there before as i was thinking of may be heading up that way on sunday for the day look for some grouse and may be a deer. any area you could point me in

I was up there a few days ago. There is one patch of road that was washed out(East of Sleese Rd after bridge if I remember correctly) but it has been patched and graded with gravel/road mulch. The road along lake 2 weeks ago was heavily potholed. I only saw 1 grouse up there then. Good luck!

Take a chain saw, the back roads will have taken a beating this past week.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Best off travel an extra hour if possible, pretty busy area
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Was up the Chilliwack Lake FSR this past week. It is very heavily potholed, but as long as you don't mind a few extra rattles in the truck after the trip it's totally passable.

hey, no need to go all the way to the lake... there are many good starting right off of the main chwk lake road on the way up. some places to check out are slesse area (fsr on your right hand side right after the tamihi bridge... probably 15min up road). Chipmunk creek / foley lake area its a road on your left aprox. 20 minutes up the road. both of these areas has tons of area to explore and climb to high elevations if you want to get higher. These are only 2 spots though, theres lots of other places to go up there, just take a day and cruise around.