Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite waterfowl shells?

Re: Favorite waterfowl shells?

Quote Originally Posted by FowlWeather870 View Post
    Haha I meant black cloud. I'm getting mixed up with the Winchester blindside.
    Watch it! them Black Clouds ..... just mentioning them here will get ya in trouble!

The biggest and best thing you can do is pattern your gun. let that be your guide.
    you dont need to spend that kind of money o kill ducks.

I've been shooting black clouds since 2007... I'm still in love.

I'm actually kind of impressed with blind side. The wad opens up nicer than black cloud's wad. Gramps is all over them and I haven't converted.

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

I have only been through 3 or 4 boxes of black clouds but am distinctly unimpressed. Cant recall any downing any 40-50 yarders that the side of the box practically guarantees.

Personally I think if you have good enough blinds / deeks / calls then you should be able to get plenty of ducks within 30 yards. And at that range there is next to no difference between ammo brands. So go with the cheapest #2s you can find - no need for 3.5 inches either!

#4 steel of the absolute and utmost " Cheapy Charlie" deal you can find!!!
    Anybody who would shoot Blind Side at Teal must be really grasping at straws??????
    You can kill teal by yelling really loudly!!!!-----Cheers-----Field Marshal.

With a beard like yours tony they must die when you just look at them wrong. I should grow one myself.

I can honestly say kents are just a higher quality shell compared to experts. Probably closer in quality to supremes but anyways experts will do ya just fine.

The absolute best thing you can do is pattern your gun like mentioned. Some wads and chokes don't mix well and you'll see first hand which shells is best for your gun. You may be surpised.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    #4 steel of the absolute and utmost " Cheapy Charlie" deal you can find!!!
    Anybody who would shoot Blind Side at Teal must be really grasping at straws??????
    You can kill teal by yelling really loudly!!!!-----Cheers-----Field Marshal.
    LOL..
    I know! Im goin' chepo this season. Honestly when i was using them on Ducks the first time around i was learning to duck hunt and duck shoot. I was using better shells to compensate for a lack of skill and knowlage. Not that in a super pro now but i dont get as excited when the birds are coming in. I can "Stabalize" myself better now!

been shooting Xperts 3" #3's. They get the job done. makes me think loading up some welding slag would be pretty effective
    "There's a thin line between a mallard hen's quack and a human's fart. The only difference is cadence and odour" - Jase Robertson

Thinking about mixing it up this year. Been hearing good things about fiochhi??
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

3" Imperial high brass #6 lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Thinking about mixing it up this year. Been hearing good things about fiochhi??
    Fiochhi rocks in Europe, not sure if they are a Maxxus company, biggest shell maker in the world trying to get in the NA market, haven't seen any around here yet...

Ian

PS not even 24 hrs and 2 pages! grow baby grow!