Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: broadheads

broadheads

just wonder what ever one is using pros and cons about diffrent heads

2. Site Sponsor

Re: broadheads

Personally Ive tried fixed and mechanical and am 100% sold on using mechanicals... I found the grim reaper SS mechanicals to be amazing... They fly exactly like a field point... They come with a practice tip so you dont have to use the real deal for practice... No rubber bands or o-rings... Took my spring black bear with them and man they make a BIG hole!

Mechanical as long as you have the kinetic energy for them to open up. I use the NAP Spitfire and have had them go through several bones on a 300lb mule deer at 50 yards. Never had good luck with fixed broad heads.

Like bullets, you may have to try a few to find ones you truly like and ones that works best for your setup.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Muzzy fixed 3 blade 100's. Always performed well for me. They group and shoot well for me out to 50 yards and I have taken 21 animals with them. But regardless of which broadhead you shoot, you need to do your part and put it where it needs to be. If you can do that then most broadheads from any reputable company will do just fine.

I am liking the T-3 mechanicals ..... I have great success with Rocket Steel heads
    as for Fixed I found the Rocky Mtn Premieres to work the best for me ... followed closely by the Rocky Titaniums .... Montecs worked ok as did the Muzzy 3s and 4s ... but always went back to the Rocky Mtn premieres ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I got my bow broadhead tuned up last week with my G5 Montec broadheads. I'll hopefully be able to see how they work out in two weeks This is my first year bowhunting and when I thought about what broadheads to go with, fixed blades just made more sense for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !

i use muzzy mx4 with my omen pro. flies like my field points out to 6o meters. love them. used rage 3 blade worst broadhead ever. 2 blades as they slid open always hit each other and only one blade opened. becuase of that i will never use mechanics as long as the fixed blades fly like my field points

Quote Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
    just wonder what ever one is using pros and cons about diffrent heads
    Broadheads from reputable companies are all about the same. It's a bit like asking what brand of truck to buy, everyone has their favourites and dislikes. I've shot many different broadhead brands and designs over the years and never noticed much difference in performance or killing ability.

If it helps you out my favourites are NAP Thuderhead 125grain. Muzzy 125 grain, Magnus 125 grain and NAP Spitfire 125 grain.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

My preference is two blade cut from tip style like the Magnus Stinger or Bear Razorhead. For my setup I don't need to adjust anything between the field points and broadheads.
    Don't ever forget that you just may wind up being wrong!! -- Jimmy Buffet