Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got Lucky...

Re: Got Lucky...

It's a beauty! Very nice buck . Congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by Nooker77
    Awsome buck!! WTG!! what part of kootneys you from?? I hunt jaffrey area alot!
    I'm originally from Nelson, and I use to hunt the Jaffray area for whitetails alot too (down around lake Kookanusa). But I live in Prince George now, and that buck came from region 7.

As for the whole story on this buck, it was pretty simple. My friend had actually been hunting this buck for a few years now, and the buck would always be hanging around the same area, so we were familiar with his circuit. Anyway, where we were hunting is really thick and pretty ugly in terms of whitey country and there isn't a largre population there. So we were pretty much hunting this one buck in one spot. So we had found his tracks in the snow, and found some of his rubs in his favourite clearcut, so we put out a bunch of doe in heat scent. We would watch that cut each morninig and night and work the surrounding area during the day, but we weren't seeing much at all. One afternoon my buddy couldn't make it out for the hunt, so I went and sat in our lil blind overlooking the cut. About a half hour before dark the buck came out and started rubbing and scraping and checking the scents. My first shot was only about 125-150 yards but I managed to miss him broadside (a bit of buck fever maybe), then he ran a bit and stopped facing right towards me and I plugged him right in his chest. He didn't got too far after that. I quickly gutted him and skidded him down to the nearest road. And that was that.

Thats an awesome deer. Good for you.
    Trigger finger

Wicked deer man! I'd be putting him on the wall myself, congrats.

Nice work! Good looking buck!
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Congrats, nice deer. You found his hang out and watched it. Thats what it's all about.

Thanks for the comments guys. I think it'll be a few years (understatement) before a get another buck like this guy.
    Enjoy the rest of the season, good luck

Nice buck ! Persistence does pay off.