Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good trip! 3 bucks down!

Good trip! 3 bucks down!

Well I was invited along by Tank, his Dad and Wile Coyote to join them on a 3 day deer hunt to one of their deer areas and i was more than happy to say yes. Since this is their area i will NOT comment on location so don't even ask, thanks.
    We started off the first morning rolling into an area that had been scouted earlier and was known to hold lots of deer with several good bucks. Almost immediately we spot two bucks bedded side by side, with the spotter on them Tanks dad determined that he would be quite happy with the one on the left so after waiting patiently for him to stand up he made a beautiful 260 yd shot and dumped him right back into his bed. Five minutes into day one we had this nice buck on the ground. He will go around 135".

That evening and the next morning found us back in the same general area but nothing anyone wanted to pull the trigger on showed up. Evening of Day two things got interesting again. A group of deer was spotted and one buck in particular caught our attention. the four of us made our way down a brush line to get into range. When we got to about 300 yards it was decided that Wile Coyote would move forwardto try and get in Wile's comfortable shooting range and that I wouls set up for a shot where I was in case they got busted. I got the video camera set up and rolling and then set up with Tanks homemade bipod and waited. Not long after the deer started to get alert and the buck started to walk off. Not wanting him to get away I made the decision to take the shot, he humped up and trotted off a short ways and bedded down. We moved up and a shot to base of the skull finished him quickly. The shot was 320yds and unfortunately he walks off camera 1 second before I pulled the trigger...DOH!! He will come in right around the 150" mark and I'm very pleased with him!

The next morning was eventful but did not result in any shots fired. The evening looked to be a bust as well but just at last light we ran into a group of three bucks. As Tank only had a whitey tag we scrambled to make species ID to ensure we had a legal animal in front of us. Tank got set up and his dad and I did our best to make the ID, we were 99% sure but as you know thats not enough so we waited. The deer suddenly flicked his tail and all 3 of of almost in unison said "HE'S A WHITEY", a split second later the deer started to go and tanks gun went off, we could tell he connected and the deer circled back around and presented him with a head on shot so he shot again and flopped him where he stood. He's not a big whitey but ya can't be too choosy in the last 5 minutes of a trip!!

Here's all 3 heads together!

Pretty decent haul for a 3 day hunt I'd say! A big thanks to the boys for the invite...I had a great time!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Good trip! 3 bucks down!

EXCELLENT guides, I'd say!

Congrats to all and oh yeah......NICE DEER!

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Once again you boys in the "Boo" make a grown man cry!!! Great job.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco
    Once again you boys in the "Boo" make a grown man cry!!! Great job.
    Thats what I was thinking

Thumbs up Re: Good trip! 3 bucks down!

But don't I see some fence in those pic's.

Just kidding great story and congratulations.

nice work guys.... sounds like u had a blast!!

congrats - good story n pix

way to go guys nics bucks for sure...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

WoodOx Guest

COngrats sounds like a fun trip

Yeah, doesnt get too much more productive than that!~

Nice work guys, good lookin' bucks and all in 3 days!