Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Cougar Sighting

Re: My First Cougar Sighting

Yes, I can live without them, are you living by the skidoo shop / Berg cabin? Just see you live in Tulameen, thought I'd ask as we did alot of sledding there.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

i live prob 4km past the ski-doo shop.right on the lake..about 1 1/2 km up the lake road.

I've never seen one in the wild, but had one scare me pretty good. Was sitting at the edge of a cut block watching for deer, when I heard that "scream" they do. Sounded like it was right behind me, so I stood up waving my arms and got the hell out of dodge. I never did see him, although my grandfather who was hunting with us at the time had seen it the day before. This was back in my early teens and the thought of it still makes my hair stand on end.
    Twist and pull.

ya i hate that sound they make.

Quote Originally Posted by 30-06
    ya i hate that sound they make.
    I love that sound. First time I heard it I was 6 years old and I still love it. Just like a wolf howl, nothing quite so wild. First cougar I ever saw was on a logging road out behind Hixon south of prince george. All I got was a glimpse as he headed for the bush, but definitely a cougar. Love them cats.....don't think I could ever shoot one though......unless it was knawing my leg off er somethin

I had a glimpse of a plimpse of one years ago in the Greater Victoria Watershed before light on the drive in to the lake. COOL!!! I'd love to see/watch one while it was unaware of me!