Thread: Magnifier or not

Magnifier or not

Is it worth the 100 bucks or is it a gimmick I'm new to all this just don't know I know I need a forearm protector cause that hurts second draw and I whacked myself I can't find a review on them

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Magnifier or not

What type of Magnifier are you looking at? the simple lens that goes in a pin sight for hunting, or a lens and clarifier system on a target rig? Either way I am not a big fan of them.....we have tried them for target but the problems they present ended up costing more points than gaining. some issues with them, all of which make it difficult to see the target.....rain, going from a warm vehicle to cold outside = fogged up, when the sun catches them at the right angle you can find yourself seeing nothing at all.....think sun on the windshield blinding you. Depending on magnification you can sometimes have a tough time determining where on a target you are, without the magnification you can see the whole picture and know exactly where you are.
    Anyways, some folks love them and maybe they can chime in to give you an opinion of why they like them, I just don't care for them for the above reasons!

Hope this helps
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson