Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alberta non-resident sheep

Re: Alberta non-resident sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    NR tags can be used in 410 through November, a Very nice bonus for the NR Hunter!
    No doubt....this is by far the best opportunity a person could have, especially with a bow....

For a beer, I might even tell you which valley and bowl the video was taken in.

AAAHHH, my good man, what kind do you prefer??
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Awesome...way to go. I hunter hosted a buddy from the Yukon a few years ago on that tag.....pretty awesome chance to take a nice ram. Too bad the other provinces and territories wouldn't give Albertans any opportunity to hunt sheep as well. Here's the ram that Paul took in the Willmore. Good luck!

Wow, I only thought rockies hung out in stuff that looks like that in the movies. Those are more like hills than mountains.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Very tall, steep hills...lol Don't let the looks fool you as it is some rugged country but once you are on top, the going is pretty good. These rams spends loads of time in the timber and for those that haven't hunted the Willmore much, can be very tricky to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    thanks a bunch, that really helps a lot. My partner is onl,y interested in getting one with a bow. Me, I have the same preference, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'd like to make the best of it.
    I wish you luck with the bow and I'm not saying it's impossible but highly unlikely other than in WMU410 during November. To put things in perspective, resident hunter success runs around 7% on bighorns.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Very tall, steep hills...lol Don't let the looks fool you as it is some rugged country but once you are on top, the going is pretty good. These rams spends loads of time in the timber and for those that haven't hunted the Willmore much, can be very tricky to find.
    Hahaha.
    Nice pictures and good looking country. Haven't hunted the BC side but been meaning to for years. It'll have to be the plan for next year I guess. From what I've seen from the air the mountains in the Kakwa are a little more little goat country.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

For a beer, I might even tell you which valley and bowl the video was taken in.

AAAHHH, my good man, what kind do you prefer??

Not Lucky.

Brand is less important than the size of the mug.

How is the research coming along?

right now, I'm at the lake (I HAVE TO BE HERE!!...so I'm told), so it's been 6 days with sporadic internet.
    Going to hook up with Rackmaster next week, getting all kinds of questions answered by very generous and good folk. Randy, my partner is only interested in getting one with his bow and by the sounds of things, it is as good a bet as any. Our biggest problem is finding enough hunter-hosts to cover the time we plan on spending. Am contacting everyone we know to see how it pans out. We really hate to impose, but if anyone wants to go for a hike, Please feel free to let me know.
    I will be in Calgary Fri 27th till Mon 30th.
    Thanks in advance.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

congrats! can't wait to see some pics!

right now, I'm at the lake (I HAVE TO BE HERE!!...so I'm told), so it's been 6 days with sporadic internet.
    Going to hook up with Rackmaster next week, getting all kinds of questions answered by very generous and good folk. Randy, my partner is only interested in getting one with his bow and by the sounds of things, it is as good a bet as any. Our biggest problem is finding enough hunter-hosts to cover the time we plan on spending. Am contacting everyone we know to see how it pans out. We really hate to impose, but if anyone wants to go for a hike, Please feel free to let me know.
    I will be in Calgary Fri 27th till Mon 30th.
    Thanks in advance.

I see how the HH could hamper things....

Trev has some good knowledge, he'll be a great help. Glad I didn't tell him much about what I know.

Are you going to focus on 410? There are some rams there in Sept. More and more will show up through the season.

Maybe you can push a few over the hill to me....