Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

Re: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

I have a hard time understanding why shooters flocked to the rienhart . Yet the nationals at silverstar witch was 10 times the shoot... with 80 new targets only drew half the numbers.
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .

Honestly I dont really know .... Maybe because the term "National Championship" is used ...and it scares them... Possibly that something had to give ... like the reason i didnt come to Salmon Arm this year for provincials

I am sure people Bitch about the entry fee to Nats.

I Have however herad rumblings around the campfire that the Silver Star towns folk want us back on an annual basis ... I know Kevin was looking for a date feedback... and has floated an idea about format of the shoot ie:Redding North. If such were the case .... it would be a Western Canada and Northern USA attraction for sure. I know some will bitch because its marked ... But a Marked Mosquito at 63 yrds still is no gimme ... you still gotta make that shot. Redding shoot constantly attarcts over 600 people annually
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Hey Bowzone_Mikey , perhaps Marked distances for Compounders and unmarked for Tradies . Or one marked and one unmarked course . I would come back in a heart beat , better make that back for sure . LOL
    Grantmac , nothing wrong with the shorter shots but agree the bigger the targets the farther out they could be . Especialy since this is a fun shoot ...
    Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 08-19-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Don't want to hijack the thread but I totally disagree with a marked yardage 3D course. 50 to 60 % of a 3D shoot is the ability to estimate yardage. Silver Star was a classice example of that. Marked yardage just makes it a FITA event and is probably a small reason the numbers for the senior games this year are down.
    My 2 cents..................Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey Bowzone_Mikey , perhaps Marked distances for Compounders and unmarked for Tradies . Or one marked and one unmarked course . I would come back in a heart beat , better make that back for sure . LOL
    Grantmac , nothing wrong with the shorter shots but agree the bigger the targets the farther out they could be . Especialy since this is a fun shoot ...
    Cheers
    send Kevin and Leon an email to that effect ... I have nothing to do with it ... I just stated what was told to me via Kevin and FB
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I've shot NFAA field in the Trad class a couple of times. Its VERY fun and extremely difficult, nothing easy about that marked yardage.
    The Redding safari is nothing if not more fun.

But back to 3D: I don't really like marked yardage. I've shot it and it was fun, but not my cup of tea. However having a diagram of the target at the stake like they do in Europe is brilliant. Then you don't have the line-up while people try and find the rings.

-Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Grantmac View Post
    I've shot NFAA field in the Trad class a couple of times. Its VERY fun and extremely difficult, nothing easy about that marked yardage.
    The Redding safari is nothing if not more fun.

But back to 3D: I don't really like marked yardage. I've shot it and it was fun, but not my cup of tea. However having a diagram of the target at the stake like they do in Europe is brilliant. Then you don't have the line-up while people try and find the rings.

-Grant
    How can you say its fun ... But not your cup of tea indicating ..you didnt have fun ... ?

did you shoot Nats Grant? .... because diagrams were there ... as per the FCA rule book ...and there still is line ups depending upon stake placement ... how many and what catagory is on the course at the particular time. C course at Nats is a good example for me ... Open and BHR men shoot it sunday ... the back side along the paved path that hairpinned back into the goat trail there was a back up because there were 5 shooting stations all within close proximity ... BHR and OPen men are the largest contigint of shooters at the tournament ... that was the reason for the back up there ... nobody bitched about it ... and if they do .... they need to purchase some douche to clean the sand outta their Vag ...perhaps learn to relax a bit

I dont understand the rush to get around the course so quickly ... do ya seriously hate the people your shooting with that much that you cant stand the idea of spending more time with?

Marked or not 3D has evolved beyond its initial roots of "hunting practice" into a Target game ... Marked or not ... you still gotta make the shot ... Marked is more and more like hunting than unmarked if you think about it ... since the majority of bowhunters hunt with a rangefinder. While I havent shot an NFAA marked shoot in recent memory ... I have shot a few rangefinder allowed shoots (fred Bear shoots) and they are fun ... SS can easily make for some very realistic hunting sceanios (as proof of Nats) ... Personally my fave shot was the Muley over the pond on A course (I scored best on B but A was my fav course)
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 08-21-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    A true Archery Nut

All shooting is fun, I just found that marked 3D wasn't as much fun as unmarked for how I shoot Trad equipment. My 40yds and the RF's 40yds seem to be different for some reason
    I completely agree that 3D is a target sport and NOT a hunting related game anymore. Unless we stop rewarding points for wounding shots, then it might be more applicable.

Personally I love FITA field. Good number of arrows, good distances, good rules.

Unfortunately work had me miss Nats. Plus I was just too busy shooting NFAA Trad to retune for FCA Barebow. Its nice to hear that they had diagrams, I think its something that should be adopted by more shoots.

As for getting around the course faster: I don't mind spending all day shooting (ie NFAA field ~140 arrows), but I can't stand the modern 3D approach of taking 6 hours to shoot 20-30 shots. Archery starts to get boring when you need to bring a chair. Maybe I just have archery ADD and need to be shooting all the time? Maybe thats why I like indoor so much (and I'm damn good at it).

-Grant