Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

Re: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Just like golf.
    I use binos but only because my oldish eyes can't see the scoring rings.

SSS
    X2 for me as well. I am only 40 but the eyes are not what they used to be.
    Success = Marry the right person, this single decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

Was a good time....hooked up with SKYLINE, ThinAir and his wife and got good schooling on how 3D should really be shot!

My boys had a hoot as well.....loved the giraffe and elephant.

Hats off to Hardcore Archery and Rhinehart!
    As long as there's carbon in the air, there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Bc Deer Hunter View Post
    You should have took a crack at the steel challenge the person who won got a Darton bow!!
    Ya i know.... guy that won it is a buddy of mine .... the same guy that sets up pg 3d courses... Th eway we set our courses ... Dave had no prob with the steel ....lol ... looked like alot of fun
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

You should have took a crack at the steel challenge the person who won got a Darton bow!!
    Well thats a pisser, wife and my two buddies who were there were told by two seperate members of the event staff that there was nothing Sunday but awards when they asked about novelty shoots etc. Considering 3 out of 4 in that group are multiple national champions I gotta think they'd of had a better than average shot to come home with the bow!
    Not that we need anymore bows, but still, the kid loves that kind of novelty shoot!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

That was the Darton steel challenge and it was on Saturday. I scored the dude that won. He's a great shot I must say! We both blew up 1 arrow but he was in the 10-12 and I was in the 8-10....and a -5. Haha. there was the iron buck challenge on Sunday and the prize for that was an 18-1 target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bc Deer Hunter View Post
    Oh so you were the guy that was helping me and the other kid out? And ya im preety sure the older guy in our group won the whole thing he ended up with a 37!

I'll tell Dave you called him the "Older Guy" hahaha

FCA rules state you have 2 mins at the the stake once the persons arrow was released to release yours .. or that effect anyway ... first person in group gets 2 min from the time they step to stake ...

People have to remember that Binoing ... setting sight ... etc... is mostly nothing more than a shot sequence and is habitual .... Personally .. My whole shot sequence takes a little more than 45 seconds from when I step to the stake .... been known to be a bit longer if I am struggling with distance ... But that is me ... I should slow down a bit at times
    Fun times ... fer sure
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    I'll tell Dave you called him the "Older Guy" hahaha

FCA rules state you have 2 mins at the the stake once the persons arrow was released to release yours .. or that effect anyway ... first person in group gets 2 min from the time they step to stake ...

People have to remember that Binoing ... setting sight ... etc... is mostly nothing more than a shot sequence and is habitual .... Personally .. My whole shot sequence takes a little more than 45 seconds from when I step to the stake .... been known to be a bit longer if I am struggling with distance ... But that is me ... I should slow down a bit at times
    Fun times ... fer sure
    Good thing the R100 isn't a FCA shoot. It was a fun shoot, yes there was some long lines and large groups but really at the end of the day it was a great shoot. Not really sure what the point of complaining about guys taking a little longer at the stake now.
    A rednecks last words "hold my beer and watch this!"

People will always find something to bitch about... its human nature.... I for one ... apreaciate the work that done bring it here... the work done to put it on.... upon looking at the site ... its great venue albieta bit tight for 100 targets ..I cann see an old school National Champinship set up thee with 4 20target courses plus a warm-up/peewee course.. I personally was a bit dispointed that I didnt move my sight alot ... but it was a fun shoot ... not a championship shoot... .... Kudos to a great wekend
    A true Archery Nut

Ken and his Crew put on a great shoot, the only hiccup i noted was where water was to be had. Day 2 was better, just that this was their first time with this # of targets on site. They all did a bangup job, on the event.Will be back for the next one as well .

Easy enough to get rid of binos. Just put a diagram on the stake of the target and KZ. That is how the big IFAA shoots are. Then hold to a firm 1 minute limit.

-Grant