Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

Re: R100 Shoot gets my thumbs up.

I had a great time. We started shooting at 6am on Sun to beat the heat, glad we did!
    Rumor has it someone stole one of the "fighting" bucks on the NA course....very sad if that's true.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Coming from the guy shooting a crossbow with a scope on it. Haha. There's nothing wrong with looking at a target with binos. Usually it takes around 45-60 seconds for me to take a shot. Shooting a crossbow takes a lot of the guess work out compared to the guys that dial to the exact yardage everytime. That's archery for you though. I thought the shoot was great. Targets were awesome. Novelty shoots were a blast too.

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    Coming from the guy shooting a crossbow with a scope on it. Haha. There's nothing wrong with looking at a target with binos. Usually it takes around 45-60 seconds for me to take a shot. Shooting a crossbow takes a lot of the guess work out compared to the guys that dial to the exact yardage everytime. That's archery for you though. I thought the shoot was great. Targets were awesome. Novelty shoots were a blast too.
    I understand that it takes time to judge the distance for archers but come on 3-5 min when there is a line of 30 people behind you!? Kinda rediculous especially when you have a group of 6+, Luckly most folks where very nice and would let me take my shot before them but some where unbelivable. Oh and im not the only one cheesed off about that there were aa couple archers giving the people crap. Anyhow it was a great shoot and cant wait for the next one

This I know cause I let you shoot around me. There will always be slow archers. That's just part of the sport.

This I know cause I let you shoot around me. There will always be slow archers. That's just part of the sport.
    Hey thanks Was that on the lower half of the NA?

Yup! I also shot in your group for the Darton challenge. I was shooting the carbon matrix.

Yup! I also shot in your group for the Darton challenge. I was shooting the carbon matrix.
    Okay haha thats awesome, did you hit steel?

Yea. I clipped one but still managed an 8.

Yea. I clipped one but still managed an 8.
    Oh so you were the guy that was helping me and the other kid out? And ya im preety sure the older guy in our group won the whole thing he ended up with a 37!

Just like golf.
    I use binos but only because my oldish eyes can't see the scoring rings.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....