Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: should this guy be in the bush??????

Re: should this guy be in the bush??????

I think the main idea here has to do with ethics. Anti-hunters are always harping on wounded animals. A guy driving around shooting at random animals, and then not putting any effort into retrieving it(whether it was legal or not) is exactly what causes people to become angry at hunting, calling it cruel. If we want a continuation of our sport, we cant accept behaviour like this
    Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left. ~Aldo Leopold

I agree with you Browningmirage but ethics are a personal thing and everyone has a different concept of values, that is why the laws and regs governing our actions in the bush should be the yardstick our behavior is measured by, not emotions based on our own sense of right and wrong.
    With the limited amount of info about this incident, its hard if not impossible to draw any sort of unbiased conclusions.
    As for the anit-hunting clowns.......they don't know, don't understand, and don't want to....an attitude similar to some of our own shooting fraternity sometimes when it comes to passing judgement based on emotions and limited knowledge.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

416 hit on the head, whether or not u agree with his "style" we as hunters and gun owners have to stick together.

Im sorry but if I saw someone out in the bush in a car stuck in the mud or snow, or high centered I would probably drive right by, especially if they had a french accent LOL.Seriously you can get an old beater 4x4 for the price of some winter tires.

Ok man, don't stop to help someone in need. It's your choice. And if the guy stuck is in a truck you would help him and this makes you a good guy right? Every man for himself right? This world's f'd imo.

I once spent 3 Hours of my time pulling a Fella in a Minivan out of the ditch.....he had his Wife & kids and was Looking for a Christmas Tree in 2 feet of snow with bald tires
    At any rate I was glad to help and would do it again, hopefully he remembers and passes it along someday.

Again I don't think the Majority of Folks have a Prob with this Hunter's mode of Transport or his weapon of choice.......
    The BIG issue was "Did he make a reasonable attempt to recover a previously wounded animal ? "
    Seems pretty obvious he did not, that's what Sucks about this story

If the guy shot a deer standing in the middle of the road he did break a law. It is unlawful to discharge a firearm or hunt within the road allowances of all numbered highways and any two lane or greater public road in BC. And if you guys want to side with this moron under the guise of hunters sticking together you are nuts. If we do not police ourselves who the he** will defend hunting. I would report the idiot in a second.

nightowl,i really don't care that he was driving a car.if thats all he has,welllll thats fine.what i'm sayin is with the conditions,he shouldn't have been up there in a car.if he would have ended up in the ditch,we would have had to help him out(yes,i would have helped).that would have taken away from my hunting for a bit,and that would have pissed me off,lol.i have pics of my grandfather with a huge mulie tied to the hood of his car.thats the only vehicle he had.he use to park when the roads got bad and walk his a$$ off.Browningmirage,pretty much summs it up.it all has to to with ethics and common sense.

We should ALL defend Hunting!!! But there comes a time to draw the line ...Ok so what he was hunting in car LOL!! some ppl can't afford the 50,000 Ford 4x4, so they use a Datsun LOL! But when we as a group see another member shoot and wound a deer or animal and doesn't look for that animal then we as a group need to report this action to the C.O. to investigate it, sheesh!! maybe the guy never had a Tag or Even PAL for that matter. just my 2 cents, and Yes Onesock we do need " To Police ourselves" there are only so many C/O's and they need our help as a group.

I help people all the time. But just because a belly boat floats doesnt mean it the right choice for sturgon on the fraser!IMO same goes for a car in the bush in late fall.