Thread: Chronometer

Chronometer

Does anyone in the Central Fraser Valley have a chronometer, that I could shoot through? I'd love to know what speeds my bow flings my arrows. Sure there are guesstimations on line, but add in factors like string leeches, etc... I'm just real curious, and would like to know. I will drive to you, just to shoot a few arrows to check it out.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chronometer

whatcha got??? bow ... weight .. draw lenth and arrow weight .... whats on the string?

Boormans has a chrony in shop if yer real stuck ... pretty sure big game does too
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I mentioned it to Wayne....think he said maybe someone at the club would have one.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I think you want a chronograph.

A chronometer would break and your arrow would break on the first shot.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

I've got a chronograph you can borrow if you'd like. I don't have much room or a target to shoot at in my yard, but you're more than welcome to borrow it. I live and work in abby (opposite ends of town) so if you're interested we can set something up.
    You can't see me

sounds good..I'll PM you.

thanks to gREEn7o0, I was able to shoot some arrows through his chronograph tonight. I was curious what my arrow speed would actually be. Some details about my set up.
    2010 Bowmadness mc 60lbs...maxed at 63 lbs
    IBO 326 fps
    draw length 27 inches
    63 grains on the string (peep, d-loop, and 2 limbsaver everlast string leeches)
    arrow weight 362 grains

The string leeches are a necessity as the bow was quite loud, the string leeches made a huge difference at quieting the bow.
    so..according to http://backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/calc/ I should be shooting at 259 fps.

I shot the arrow through the chrony 5 times, and every time it was 257.5 - 258 fps
    So I guess that on line calculator gives a good estimate of what your speeds should be.
    Too bad I need the string leeches or my speeds would be around 272 fps.