Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear vs Trail Cam.... again!!

Bear vs Trail Cam.... again!!

Man, you would think I'm hiding bacon in the damn thing. There are two 3/8" lag screws holding the steel security box to the tree. He managed to pull one of the screws out and bend the hell out of the box but the camera was still in there when I got there. He might have to turn into pepperoni come fall!

If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear vs Trail Cam.... again!!

That's awesome!! hahaha sounded like he was trying to eat it!!!

It would be neat if when touched cams barked or yelled! Wouldn't it be fun to be interactive via the net and "interact" with them!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

One persistent son of a gun. If you are going to turn him into pepperoni, you might end up pepperoni with attitude.

Wow i better get some covers for mine.How high up the tree do you have it?I was hoping to have mine up around 7 ft so they don't notice..... hmm may have to change that.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Wow! Now I know what it looks like to be mauled.

Slink, great vid. I see you have the Uway NX80...what do you think of it. I have quite a few Uway cams. My latest addition is the NX50. How is the HD as it pertains to power consumption. Let me know.

Out

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    It would be neat if when touched cams barked or yelled! Wouldn't it be fun to be interactive via the net and "interact" with them!
    Now that would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Slink, great vid. I see you have the Uway NX80...what do you think of it. I have quite a few Uway cams. My latest addition is the NX50. How is the HD as it pertains to power consumption. Let me know.

Out
    I have to say I'm not thrilled with this camera. The sound recording struggles and there is a lot of backgound noise. It also appears to be slow to respond. I've had plenty of videos of critters as they walk out of frame.

From a battery point of view they are pretty good. However if you're looking for a nice HD camera with audio, this one is'nt it.
    Last edited by Slinky Pickle; 06-30-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

That was cool. I always use rubber gloves when I set my trail cams up. You must of had a teen burger before you set yours up.