Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thoughts on APA bows

Re: Thoughts on APA bows

I have owned every APA except the king cobra over the years, it seems the bows dont change at all just the names and colour schemes, the cams havnt changed at all over the years also. They seem to be the only company that keeps a true dual cam in there high end lineup which is old and outdated and time for a serious upgrade, try shooting a 2012 binary cam or hybrid bow and you will never look back. I know there a canadian company and buying local so to speak is a good idea but there is so many other better options out there with new technology that it swayed me from them, the first time i shot a GT500 Elite i was hooked and now only shoot Elites. I am a true bowhunter and hung up the rifle and love my Elites for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    it seems the bows dont change at all just the names and colour schemes, the cams havnt changed at all over the years also. They seem to be the only company that keeps a true dual cam in there high end lineup which is old and outdated and time for a serious upgrade, try shooting a 2012 binary cam or hybrid bow and you will never look back. I know there a canadian company and buying local so to speak is a good idea but there is so many other better options out there
    100% correct , well said x2..................

and as for a previous post about Nabol getting out the pencil and paper for some new drawings , don't hold your breath

Well everyone has a different experience so I can only say that my KCobra has not gone out of tune (even immediately after dry firing it) and it shoots to advertised speeds..
    I ran my two bows through the chrono the other day to try out the new limbs, chrono was at 6'
    Arrow 1 - 344grains Arrow 2 - 309grains

Bow 1: 2011 APA King Cobra (IBO 362) 60# and 27.5" dl, G5 peep sight and D-loop on string

344 grain arrow - 318 fps
    309 grain arrow - 334 fps

Bow 2: 2010 PSE Axe 6 (IBO 345) 60# and 28" dl, G5 peep sight and D-loop on string
    344 grain arrow - 303 fps
    309 grain arrow - 317 fps

Just my bow and my findings but I can't complain.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Ike; 08-24-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    All the good lines are already taken