Thread: First timer 3 d course.

First timer 3 d course.

Well that was a bit of fun. I am new to archery (want to bowhunt this fall) and have only been target shooting 3 or 4 times so far. Took a walk tonight at the Comox Lake 3d course. What fun! Only managed 3 or 4 of the targets before it got too dark. Much more fun than shooting at targets in the range by the club house.
    I bought my bow package from the Hunters Friend at Christmas time and so far 3 of my arrows have had the inserts for the points pull out! Is this fairly common or did I get a batch of arrows with a crappy glue job? I am a do it your self kind of guy so I will have to look into the supplies needed to build my own arrows. Any suggestions for an appropriate set up for making and or repairing arrows?
    Thanks
    Alan
    Last edited by AlanF; 07-07-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First timer 3 d course.

black loc tight instant adhesive (dont have the number handy but i think its 380)
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

Bow Walker Guest

Re: First timer 3 d course.

If you plan to build your own arrows from scrtach you'll need a fw things.........

A good cut-off saw....
    A decent fletching jig....
    A supply of vanes/feathers....
    A good adhesive for inserts....(try AAE FastSet Gel or Black Loc-Tite)
    A good adhesive for flteching....(AAE FastSet works great)

Make sure that the insides of the arrow shaft are cleaned and then roughed up a bit before you glue in the inserts. It'll go a long ways to making the bond permanent.

PM inbound......