Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookswood Bass'in

Re: Brookswood Bass'in

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Totally excited about this. Is the bass fishing decent there year round (minus when its frozen) ?

With the current water level, will paddling around in an inflatable give us significantly more access and fly-casting ability than walking or will it just be a hassle? (its about 9 feet long and 4 feet wide)

Can you drive in there behind the fire hall or do you have to park on 32nd? Looking at the satellite photo, I see several cars parked right on 32nd.
    I like to get out into the middle of the water to cast. It is getting lower by the day but you can get to more places and way better casting a fly when your out there. almost everyone else shore fishes.

Drive through the firehall parking lot and thrown your boat over the fence then go park on 32. Use poppers off the edges of weeds and in beside the cover. There are bass all year but i dont catch much until the summer. I just havent figured out the winter gear and where they are.

I did go to TWU last night. No fish but were several large splashes in the weeds where they were picking something of the surface .

Has anyone been down to the pond yet ??

Hoping to check it out this weekend... maybe Saturday morning/eve or Sunday morning!

if you want to eat bass (and they are excellent eating) just gut them as soon as they are caught and throw them on ice...they have extremely strong stomach acids that can affect the meat if you keep them on a stringer for a few hours...you will also be impressed by crappys if you choose to eat them too

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    if you want to eat bass (and they are excellent eating) just gut them as soon as they are caught and throw them on ice...they have extremely strong stomach acids that can affect the meat if you keep them on a stringer for a few hours...you will also be impressed by crappys if you choose to eat them too
    Good tip! I would like to try eating bass one day... just not from this particular urban pond.

Good tip! I would like to try eating bass one day... just not from this particular urban pond.
    I hear you on that..heheh

Hey guys, I'm new here. I actually found out about this lake, thanks to this thread. Came across it on Google a little while back. Thank you yamadirt426 for posting this!

Anyways, I've been fishing here pretty steady for the past 3 weeks. Don't worry, I catch and release! Caught a lot of fish (record is 8 in an hour and a half last thursday, mid day to boot...no lie 12pm - 1:30ish), sizes ranged from 10-14". I pulled in a two pounder (16") this past Monday, just before 6:30pm. Honestly didn't think there was anything that big in there. The best place to fish is the firehall side of lake, right around the big weed patches in the middle. That's where all the fish seem to be hanging out these days, with the low water level and limited cover. Haven't had any luck after around 7:30 in the evenings....it's like the bite just kinda shuts off.

@Caddisguy, about 90% of the lake is around 3ft deep right now. Some guys who fish there go wading in the lake, just walking around the whole thing casting. Definitely not worth bringing an inflatable in my opinion.

First off, welcome to the form Evo. And second, thank you for the informative post regarding the water levels and fishing report.

I think I will follow your advice and just bring the waders. Living 5 minutes away if I change my mind it's not a big deal to go back for the inflatable

First off, welcome to the form Evo. And second, thank you for the informative post regarding the water levels and fishing report.

I think I will follow your advice and just bring the waders. Living 5 minutes away if I change my mind it's not a big deal to go back for the inflatable
    Sounds good. I was there this evening from 7:45-9:15. No action what so ever, even with top water. To me it seems like the bass in there are strictly daytime feeders, cause I never have luck in the evenings!

Well done Evo ! Glad I can help. Lots of other ponds in the area to check out too . Cheers.