Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookswood Bass'in

Re: Brookswood Bass'in

Yes behind fire hall. I have tried a red/black micro leech. I was getting hits consistently by the sunfish and landed a few. But I have pretty much gear fished it since because of the kids. Was there today. My dog had a momma duck decoying him out and away from her babies. when he came back he was paying much attention to a bush beside us while we fished. Pointing out that there was another baby in there. Only a few fish were hooked.

That's not the stokes pit lake is it? I wanna start getting out more this year and close to home options are nice, thanks for the tip! Have you ever eaten any bass? We caught some good size ones up in vaseaux lake, I found them to be grainy, I'd give them a second shot though they are fun to catch.

Very cool. That's my backyard as well. Just like Swampdonkey I grew up right there.
    We fished Reese lake all the time. Our house was built by the gravel pit developers ages ago.
    We fished it before all the houses where built around it.

I pulled a 21.5" rainbow out of there when I was a kid.

Word is the pond in Gloucester also has Bass.

Stokes pit is a sad sight compared to when we where kids.

No not stokes. I wouldn't eat them but suppose if you got a big one. Just a good urban pond that has ducks geese beaver osprey bass and bluegill. Lots of shore fishing or can portage in a canoe pontoon or small boat. There are probably a dozen spots to look for bass in the lower mainland. Most are small mouth. I do believe these are the only large mouth around but I'm most likely wrong. I just happens to be a bike ride away for me and the kids. And just like the olden days some of you guys speak about. My kids were playing in the water. Nothing funny growing out of them yet

We picked up the bc bass associations book at the sportsman show quite a few years back there's actually quite a few spots in the lower mainland, mill lake in Abby, Molson lake behind the abbotsford airport, hatzic slough, now you've got me interested in bassin again I'll have to dig out the bass stuff this weekend maybe.

I'm gonna take the kids down there today and check it out

Any fish caught foxtail ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    There's a pond at Trinity Western University too. Just check in at the security gate and your good to go. Pretty thick with weeds in the warmer weather, but stuffed full of Bass and Perch. My kids used to have a blast catching lots of fish in an afternoon.

For those looking for bass in here, the pond was cleaned out. They shocked the pond, collected and cataloged the fish, returned the native species to the water, and gave a shot of anesthetic to the bass and pumpkinseed. Here is a link to the lead up, but it has been done this spring now.

http://twu.ca/about/news/general/200...fish-cull.html

Such a university thing to do. Use anesthetic to overdose a fish rather than a smart tap over the head.
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

Was at Noel Booth today... Third time trying there and I finally got a couple bass! The first one, the spinner actually landed on it when I casted lol. The second smashed the spinner... Decent size too.

you gonna eat that?