Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Brookswood Bass'in

Re: Brookswood Bass'in

Only causes temporary stunning yes. In the case of Trinity Western they shocked it to remove the invasive species (mainly Largemouth and Pumpkinseed) in addition to doing counts...however the shocking was not very effective which is why it's surprising to me that NB has absolutely nothing milling about in the shallows. I'm hoping I was just there on an "off" day but I went out Bass-ing again last night at one of my more regular haunts and it was Sunfish and Bass galore.

Quote Originally Posted by BooyahMan View Post
    I went out Bass-ing again last night at one of my more regular haunts and it was Sunfish and Bass galore.
    So is Brookswood ok? Didn't see anything the day I was there a few weeks ago, but was only on shore and during the afternoon.

Any updates on this?

Might head out there today to see

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Any updates on this?

Might head out there today to see
    No updates from us chev... last time we went for a stroll (last spring) we didnt see anything. Can you let us know if there's still fish around? Should be able to spot the sunfish in the shallows if they're around. I'd wager if there's sunfish, there's bass.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-28-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Just at the lake now and ran into a fellow fishermen. He said fish have been cause but very few. It looks nice and clear.

No fish seen though

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Just at the lake now and ran into a fellow fishermen. He said fish have been cause but very few. It looks nice and clear.

No fish seen though
    Thanks for the update chev! Could be a bit early for the bite to be on and for the sunfish to be spawning. Glad to here there are still some fish!

Anyone been out lately? My BIL is pretty sick so I have my niece and nephew tomorrow. Was thinking of taking them. Wouldn't target the bass, mostly just the sunfish at cats. Thanks.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I am guessing its a major honey hole now since nobody who goes there to check comes back telling us about it

Sadly I don't think I will get around to it this year.

Well as usual when young kids are involved, didn't get out there til much later than I had hoped. That being said, still hoped to get some action. Nothing. Saw lots of minnows in the shallows but only one bass (where as I used to see a couple of schools). Took them to a few spots as the water is very high and they were having a hard time casting to an area that was more than a couple of feet deep. Tried a variety of baits but couldn't get even get into any pumpkins. Oh well, still had fun and taught them how to skip rocks.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

morning , Saw my first little pumpkinseed last night from the polder , was no more than three inches long and the guy who caught it looked very happy with his success . i was happy for him too .
    I managed two bass around 1lb and lost two right at the shoreline , and now intend to tie up some big deerhair flies and take them from the surface with my 3wt .
    wacky rigged watermelon worm was my ticket last night .
    tight lines everyone
    fuzzy
    venture forth , and find more fun !