Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookswood Bass'in

Brookswood Bass'in

For those of you in brookswood (langley) that have small kids the lake in behind the firehall on 32ave is full of large mouth bass and pumpkinseed. with a hook and worm you will have a blast. Ive also been using a few rapalla lures and fly fishing. top water and sub with great success. This is the dogpark lake not the private one. anyhow it should be hot fishing all summer long. Just a heads up if you live around here and want to get out for a bit.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Brookswood Bass'in

Thanks for this!

looks like fun i had no idea there was a lake back there.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

It's never too early to get'em out bass fish'n. Any sizeable fish in that lake?
    The thread stopper!

The lake is the size of about 2 football fields and about 10' deep max but will lose about 4' of water over the summer. It has a few large islands and lots of cover. There has to be at least a lbs'r in there somewhere. I just moved out here and noticed a few swirls while taking the dogs out so I threw in a fly last year and caught a few pumpkin seed. I put in the canoe in a few weeks ago for a look and saw hundreds of pumpkin seed beds/fish and a few what looked like bass. Turns out they were as the 2 go hand in hand I guess. Its a great place for the kids and some friendly competiton for the wife and I after dinner. Biggest so far is about 10". You got to love it when they smash the top water, my boy goes nuts. Here is a short crappy video. I suck at camera work.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=DSCN6771.mp4
    Last edited by yamadirt 426; 06-13-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Hey banjo. Have you been there yet ?

I took the canoe for a paddle with the boy today. We couldn't keep the bass off the line trolling some rapellas. The lake is down about 4' from a month or so back and all the big fish are schooled up . It's max 5' deep now. Everything about 10-11 inches. I know that's small but on ultralight gear it's fun . Great for a 3yr for top water action.

There's a pond at Trinity Western University too. Just check in at the security gate and your good to go. Pretty thick with weeds in the warmer weather, but stuffed full of Bass and Perch. My kids used to have a blast catching lots of fish in an afternoon.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

That was pretty much my back yard in the 80s swimming in the summer and hockey in the winter used to see lots of deer in that area before it got developed .

Thanks for the tip! My kids go to school a couple blocks away and I think we may stop by after school once it starts.
    Access is through the trail beside the fire hall?