Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Brookswood Bass'in

Re: Brookswood Bass'in

Got out today with a few kids and a few rods no success at this spot but saw lots of fry near the shoreline. Still a great day lots of people out at this spot only one leaving on the way in but when we left there were ateast 5 people angling around the lake

https://ibb.co/d6Rupk

We do some bass fishing on the island, but just learned that kids need to limit their intake because of mercury.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Not an update, more just wanted to comment. Went down to the pond for a walk (no fishing) and off of one of the points was 3 large, by brookswood pond standards, dead catfish together in about 6 inches of water. Seeing as how there is no current there I highly doubt they died at the same time and washed towards shore. Plus their close proximity to each other makes me believe it wasn't an accident. But for the benefit of the doubt, lets say they all swallowed hooks. If it is happening that regularly shorten the distance between your float and bait, or pay more attention. I get that this is not a serious fishery, or even an intended one but lots of people enjoy it. Please at least try to minimize impact.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Old thread, but Google's still finding it, so..

Was out yesterday (no luck), but there's a ton of fry. Covered pretty much all of the north side - water is only 2-3' and quite warm.